mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Just completed my order for a Hobgoblin XO!!!!

To much dismay of my riding buddies, I went ahead and ordered a Hobgoblin XO. They were pretty against ordering a bike unseen, let alone unridden. And to be honest, I am a little nervous about it too.

But with the outstanding support I have seen by the Airborne crew, along with the reviews I have read about the bike and with a price-point that cannot be beat, I decided to take a chance and go for it.

I REALLY hemmed and hawd between the Hobgoblin and XO version all day, cause the extra $700 ponies could have gone to other uses. But I said F**K it, I don't buy bikes very often and a year from now...when the bike is still serving me well, I won't even miss the money (I hope!!!).

Anyways, looking forward to building it up and hopefully getting in a Hobgoblin ride before 2013 is over.

Happy holidays everyone.

mtbr member

Just completed my order for a Hobgoblin XO!!!!

Good for you, sounds like a good bike. I have bought a few bikes "unseen" and had to adjust a few things but was always able to get then dialed in. Ride it and enjoy it.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Did you test ride any other bikes? How'd you decide on the hg?

mtbr member
    I'm jealous! Enjoy the ride, post lots of pics, and get it dirty!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
    To much dismay of my riding buddies, I went ahead and ordered a Hobgoblin XO. They were pretty against ordering a bike unseen, let alone unridden. And to be honest, I am a little nervous about it too.

But with the outstanding support I have seen by the Airborne crew, along with the reviews I have read about the bike and with a price-point that cannot be beat, I decided to take a chance and go for it.

I REALLY hemmed and hawd between the Hobgoblin and XO version all day, cause the extra $700 ponies could have gone to other uses. But I said F**K it, I don't buy bikes very often and a year from now...when the bike is still serving me well, I won't even miss the money (I hope!!!).

Anyways, looking forward to building it up and hopefully getting in a Hobgoblin ride before 2013 is over.

Happy holidays everyone.
    Your in good hands, don't worry. You obviously have been doing your homework and i am sure you will love the bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, been doing my homework for awhile. Being only 5í6Ē, the early 29er frames did not work very well for smaller-folks. Iíve been renting and test riding more than several brands/versions of 29er bikes to make sure it was for me, especially in the past year. Mainly from brands like Jamis, Niner, Cannondale, Giant.

My final decision came down to simply cost. For the package Airborne offers vs. everyone else, honestly, itís hard to ignore the simple math. As for sizing, I have been always been comfortable on smallís for all the 29er frames I tried, so sizing was easy for me. 26er, I can vary from small to medium depending on brand.

Also, Iím not really a shop-dependant guy for other than parts and such. I do my own maintenance and service on all my 2-wheelsÖincluding motorcycles. So aftersale shop support is typically not high on my requirements. Obviously I will be singing a different tune in the event of some type of major failure like frame cracks or busted component from standard use, but Iíve been lucky so far.

Looking forward to the HG. Itís been awhile since I had a new bike so itís pretty exciting. Iíll certainly post a pic or two, straight out of the box and after a good shakedown ride.

mtbr member
    What all you just mentioned is what is going to make Airborne a household name. More bang for the buck, and outstanding customer service is what is going to put them up on top. Not only that, but once your buddies ride your bike, they WILL be jealous so don't be surprised to see them throw shade your way with envy!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I just bought myself the Goblin X0 for an early x-mas gift while it was on sale this past Saturday. Really looking forward to getting it. How long does it typically take to ship out? Just checked the status online and it's still showing as processing.

mtbr member
    From the West Coast to East Coast takes 5 days to get there (their warehouse is in Cali), so depending on where you live is how long it takes to get there. Mine showed up in two days, but I am in NM. Once they finish processing your order you will get a confirmation number for FedEx. Just know they will not drop ship without a signature, so make sure you are available to sign for it.

Welcome to the family!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    From the West Coast to East Coast takes 5 days to get there (their warehouse is in Cali), so depending on where you live is how long it takes to get there. Mine showed up in two days, but I am in NM. Once they finish processing your order you will get a confirmation number for FedEx. Just know they will not drop ship without a signature, so make sure you are available to sign for it.

Welcome to the family!
    Pretty sure mine arrived (in NC) in 3 days... you can log into the FedEx website and get them to send it to a FedEx location and then pick it up at your leisure - just don't do what I did and pick one that doesn't open late!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks OutLore. That's what I think I'll probably do. Was hoping to have it ready for a first ride this week. Our weather here in PA is going to be pretty mild this week...oh well. Just curious from some others with bikes...how much assembly is required. I do my own bike maintenance so it shouldn't be a problem, just wondering how long it might take. Since it comes with the tubeless ready wheel set, I'll be making it tubeless from the start.

Sorry to jack your thread a bit nuckaman

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by swengo86 View Post
    I just bought myself the Goblin X0 for an early x-mas gift while it was on sale this past Saturday. Really looking forward to getting it. How long does it typically take to ship out? Just checked the status online and it's still showing as processing.
    Hi there, thanks for the order!

From our website - Shipping Policies and Costs :

"We usually ship bikes out within 2 working days of receiving your order. During peak times, however, your bike may be delayed an additional day or two.

We use an automated email system that sends your tracking# out the day after your bike ships via email."

It probably shipped yesterday as I know the warehouse was shipping out a lot of bikes yesterday. We should receive tracking#'s later this morning and will be sending them out via email.

Thanks again,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks! Just got notification this morning that it's been shipped...now the waiting game.

mtbr member
    You will love that bike! I have an XO and its a sweet ride! Took it to FATS this past September and it handled everything out there! Cant beat it! Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    OP, have you got your xo yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yes I did. Got it late last week and assembled it over the past weekend.

Posted a small write-up on whats involved to assemble a Airborne bike when it arrives.

Ever wondered how it's boxed and what's needed to assemble your Airborne?

Sadly, I have not been able to ride it due to being sick for the past week. I will head out to the trails this weekend for it's maiden ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
    Yes I did. Got it late last week and assembled it over the past weekend.

Posted a small write-up on whats involved to assemble a Airborne bike when it arrives.

Ever wondered how it's boxed and what's needed to assemble your Airborne?

Sadly, I have not been able to ride it due to being sick for the past week. I will head out to the trails this weekend for it's maiden ride.
    Weekend is over, did you get a ride or two in? How's the brakes? I'm hoping they may be better than the reviews from a year or so ago. Lots of play before they engage, vibration and noisy from what I've read.

Thanks for any info!