Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude

Introducing the Airborne Seeker 29er

We are pleased to introduce the new Airborne Seeker 29er!~ For those of you who have been asking for a bike that slots between the Guardian and Goblin, we've listened to your request!

For more info, check out: Airborne Bicycles. Seeker

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing the Airborne Seeker 29er-seeker_pre_sale.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

Perpetual n00b
    Beautiful!
    If you gorge yourself into morbid obesity, you can skip everyone else in line at Disney World.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Also announced Guardian trade-up program! Seriously though this bike looks amazing and will definitely be looking at it come upgrade time this winter. Keep up the great work down there in Ohio (even though it's Ohio...)

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    BDF, it looks great! Really nice colors and specs.

The Airborne folks have another great looking bike in their stable.

No Stranger to danger....
    Geez, the 'seeker' lol, sounds like a cheap chinese car, or an old ladies or chicks bike, surely thats not the best airborne could come up with ?

But credit where credits due, great looking bike, love the classy colours, nice work Airborne, but please come and see me before you name another bike I'll give you a real name for free.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member

Introducing the Airborne Seeker 29er

Would ya look at that? Great looking bike guys!

mtbr member
    Ordered!

They said I was the 1st to order! not sure if that is 100% true or not, but it makes me feel good about it.
    Last edited by Ranger Mac; 07-11-2013 at 03:17 PM.

mtbr member
    now i have to wait a month, but I don't have to worry about which color I want

Nothing out there touches this on specs. $1029 for us hawaii residents, but what a bike. I like the recon gold fork. I like the X5 2x10 drivetrain, I have a X9 3x10 drivetrain that i have left over from my XTC 29er build (when i decided on the X0 drivetrain) and may keep it for back up or sell it to help fund this purchase. Love the paint scheme.

This was a no brainer. I liked the Cobia, but no bike shop stock them regularly and wouldn't discount anything to order it, so for what is over $300 cheaper then what I can get a cobia ordered and shipped here for I get a better fork and an amazing looking bike.

Truly nothing comes close to this for $200 more money then this.
    Last edited by Ranger Mac; 07-11-2013 at 10:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Congrats!

As always, please upload pics before, during, and after assembly.

Hopefully, the wait will pass quickly.

Level 5 Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Geez, the 'seeker' lol, sounds like a cheap chinese car, or an old ladies or chicks bike, surely thats not the best airborne could come up with ?

But credit where credits due, great looking bike, love the classy colours, nice work Airborne, but please come and see me before you name another bike I'll give you a real name for free.
    I like the name... seems perfect for a ht. Man wish I could afford this bike. Sweet looking ride. Not sure if I would like a 29'r being only 5'3 but it still seems awesome.
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Nice looking bike! Wish this option was available when I ordered my Guardian and fumbled around with upgrades, but you live and learn! Looks like you have got one of the best bikes under $1000 on the market!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hi guys,

I spoke to Eric in theOhio office and he spent a lot of time with me over the phone (Thanks Eric!) and help convince me to go the Goblin route. I have been on one Mountain bike trip and It was a huge jump from the Guardian but I knew for the price and components it would be worth it. This morning I found out that the Seeker was going to be released on the market. I am now wondering if I made the right decision. My research has shown that the Goblin pound-pound is priced well and has better components. I am fairly new to MTB'ing but I pick things up quick and my best friend is a hard core MTB'r. I guess my question is, it was apparent that I would outgrow the Guardian, but would i have out grown the Seeker ?

I am sorry, I didn't realize there was an in between bike when I spoke to Eric. My buddy still says i should stick with the Goblin. I guess I just need a lil assurance I did the right thing. Some things to consider:

1) The most I can ride in the mountains is 1 x per week, cross country and single tracks
    2) I will be doing 2-3 times of riding per week going to work or the gym (2-3 miles one way)

if someone could get back to me I would appreciate it.

P.S. What's making it so hard for me is that the new color scheme on Seeker is Sick!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Oh wow. I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Guardian 2.0 but I think I'm gonna have to reconsider. Is Airborne going to offer free shipping on the initial run of these bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Hi guys,

I spoke to Eric in theOhio office and he spent a lot of time with me over the phone (Thanks Eric!) and help convince me to go the Goblin route. I have been on one Mountain bike trip and It was a huge jump from the Guardian but I knew for the price and components it would be worth it. This morning I found out that the Seeker was going to be released on the market. I am now wondering if I made the right decision. My research has shown that the Goblin pound-pound is priced well and has better components. I am fairly new to MTB'ing but I pick things up quick and my best friend is a hard core MTB'r. I guess my question is, it was apparent that I would outgrow the Guardian, but would i have out grown the Seeker ?

I am sorry, I didn't realize there was an in between bike when I spoke to Eric. My buddy still says i should stick with the Goblin. I guess I just need a lil assurance I did the right thing. Some things to consider:

1) The most I can ride in the mountains is 1 x per week, cross country and single tracks
    2) I will be doing 2-3 times of riding per week going to work or the gym (2-3 miles one way)

if someone could get back to me I would appreciate it.

P.S. What's making it so hard for me is that the new color scheme on Seeker is Sick!!!!!
    The Goblin is still a better bike in almost every area than the Seeker, so if you can afford it, I'd stick to that decision. If your budget is tight and you still need to buy a helmet, pedals, and other bike accessories, then I'd go with the Seeker.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Glamdring - Either bike will work for what you describe.

The way I would look at it is the amount of money you want to spend. The biggest difference between Seeker and Goblin will be the drive train. The X5s will work just fine for most riding. The X7s are going to shift crisper, be a little lighter, and just be a little higher quality.

In my opinion, the riding you describe sounds like the Seeker would work great for. If you we're more avid about riding off road then I would lean more towards the Goblin.

Both are great bikes. Goblin will be a little better.

lmw
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    dang thats a real nice paint job

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks Gents for the replies. I can afford the Goblin, I just wanted to know if it was overkill ( plus the new Seeker looks sick). I just didnt know whether or not I could tell the difference? I did borrow an old Giant 26er for a week and I outgrew it quick. I guess for the $270 difference, it will be worth it every time i sit on the bike.

mtbr member
    Good specs. Slap a better wheelset and better tires(those tires are only good in perfect conditions) and you have a great bike.
    2008 Redline Monocog 29er SS/Rigid
    2013 Marin Mount Vision XM7
    FS: 26" Black Flag Expert Wheelset (new), Reba 29 Fork

MTB Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Thanks Gents for the replies. I can afford the Goblin, I just wanted to know if it was overkill ( plus the new Seeker looks sick). I just didnt know whether or not I could tell the difference? I did borrow an old Giant 26er for a week and I outgrew it quick. I guess for the $270 difference, it will be worth it every time i sit on the bike.
    The number 1 rule of purchasing a bike is to always buy the most bike you can afford. So, stick with the Goblin.

That Seeker is a great looking bike. I like the name, the look and the specs. Excellent!
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Congrats!

As always, please upload pics before, during, and after assembly.

Hopefully, the wait will pass quickly.
    I will do just that, but we need to ban all conversation about the new seeker. I figure if we don't talk about it the month wait will be easier.

Man I am really enjoying the paint scheme.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ranger Mac- you said it right...that paint scheme is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

Airborne Product Dude
    Thanks!

No plans on offering a free freight deal on this one. We think its such a smoking good price on a great bike already that we aren't dropping the freight charge. We aren't getting rich on this spec at this price and gotta keep the lights on and the doors open, errr, website turned on!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    The number 1 rule of purchasing a bike is to always buy the most bike you can afford. So, stick with the Goblin.

That Seeker is a great looking bike. I like the name, the look and the specs. Excellent!
    Thanks!

I agree with the "buy the most bike you can afford" comment.

Someone a few weeks ago on here made a funny comment that I will always remember:

""I wish I would have bought less bike"....said no one ever."

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Weeeeellllll that sucks. I would've definitely bought the Seeker rather than the Guardian, specifically for the fork and 2x10 drivetrain. Oh wellz, can't win them all. I guess I'll be using the extra $300 at some point for a better fork (I did just upgrade the XC28 with a firmer spring, at least).

mtbr member
    BigDaddy, I know you are working it, but when can we expect some additional photos of the seeker and new guardian?

I need some more to hold me over for the next 5 weeks. Man it seems like a long time when you right it out.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast