mtbr member
    Apr 2013

HobGoblin travel?

I JUST noticed that my HobGoblin came set at 80mm of fork travel. Is that right? The product page says 100mm of travel, but I don't know if that is just for the shock? My wifes Goblin came with her forks set at 100mm.

Thanks!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofthewoods View Post
    I JUST noticed that my HobGoblin came set at 80mm of fork travel. Is that right? The product page says 100mm of travel, but I don't know if that is just for the shock? My wifes Goblin came with her forks set at 100mm.

Thanks!
    As far as we know, all of our current Goblin and HobGoblin bikes come with 100mm forks. Are you certain you aren't looking at the sag meter on the fork incorrectly, or that the fork needs air to be sitting at the preferred height?

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi Jeremy.

The forks are 100mm, but they are set at 80mm. I only noticed it because my wifes bike was sitting next to mine. She has full use of her travel. If I pull up on my bars while pinching the wheel between my knees the forks do not extend any further.

Thanks.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofthewoods View Post
    Hi Jeremy.

The forks are 100mm, but they are set at 80mm. I only noticed it because my wifes bike was sitting next to mine. She has full use of her travel. If I pull up on my bars while pinching the wheel between my knees the forks do not extend any further.

Thanks.
    Have you checked the air pressure? When they are low they sag in quite a bit and don't really rebound back like you would expect.

Check the air first and inflate if necessary. If that doesn't work, can you take a photo of the fork from the side with the sag meter showing so we can see?

Also, if the air doesn't take care of it, please take the photos and move this to email as we can better handle it that way. Please send it to support@airbornebicycles.com and copy feedback@airbornebicycles.com.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Also a note:

The Reba that came on the HobGob is a dual air spring fork. When your negative air chamber has a higher pressure than your positive air chamber your fork will 'sink' and lose less travel. I try to set my negative air chamber between 5-10 psi under the positive air chamber for best bump compliance and fork travel.