Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Guardian 2.0 page is now live for info and pre-orders

For those of you who are interested, we've got the page up for the new Guardian. More pics to come later!

Airborne Bicycles. Guardian 2.0

Fork has been increased to 100mm, FD upgraded to X5, curved TT on the 16" frame (just like the Goblin) for better standover clearance.

We are stoked to be able to offer 2 color choices! Sales have been so good that we are able to start doing this with more models now.

Thanks so mcuh for all of the support,

Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guardian 2.0 page is now live for info and pre-orders-white_presale.jpg  

Guardian 2.0 page is now live for info and pre-orders-red_presale.jpg  

Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

TXTony
    Dudes those are some tight looking bikes

mtbr member
    Sweetness

NeedGod.com
    Very cool, I like both colors but if I were getting another Guardian, I'd go with the black/red. I'm impressed you guys kept the price the same but still added a few small touches. I think this is an improvement over the original Guardian, which is saying a lot.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Looks awesome! The black/red has my vote, but the white is damn good looking too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    07-26-2012#3

BigDaddyFlyer

Airborne Product Dude
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there, I hope you don't mind if I answer a few questions for ya............

Airborne has been around since April of 2010. There used to be another company named Airborne from 1998-2004 that offered Ti and Aluminum bikes, but they went out of business. We are the same company in name-only. Two of us that work here at Airborne used to work for the first Airborne in their sales department and marketing department.

Shipping is indeed $75, but right now we are running a free freight deal until 7/30. We normally don't do any free freight deals except for new-model pre-orders.

Thinking I'll be buying an Airborne bike this week or next. While lurking in the past I ran accross the above. Does it apply here? Btw NW OH childhood here too. A bit further north though.

mtbr member
    We aren't running any pre-order specials on the Guardian. At the price we kept it at, $75 is a huge chunk of any profit we make. I hope that doesn't change your enthusiasm about ordering one.

NW Ohio? Is that the Toledo area? If so i really like Toledo. I've been there many times.

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Maumee. My mom still lives on River Road up there. My brother lives in Toledo. I moved to sunnier weather.

I'll be ordering Friday. I'll call for sizing tomorrow, as i fall on a line.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Enthusiasm?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We aren't running any pre-order specials on the Guardian. At the price we kept it at, $75 is a huge chunk of any profit we make. I hope that doesn't change your enthusiasm about ordering one.

NW Ohio? Is that the Toledo area? If so i really like Toledo. I've been there many times.

Jeremy
    Unfortunatly, it increases it. The $75 was what I needed to Justify the Seeker to the wife. That's why it was an "ordering this week or next" thing. NBD. I'm sure I'll like the Guardian.

mtbr member
    Looks good, I would love to see some additional pictures to help select my color option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mac View Post
    Looks good, I would love to see some additional pictures to help select my color option.
    Working on that this week, thanks!

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Hmm, I would've waited and bought the black/red. Oh well, maybe I'll get a Seeker next... My Guardian already has the X5 FD so not a big deal about the 100mm for me on trails, anyway. Great bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Working on that this week, thanks!

Jeremy
    Thanks a lot, now I have to choose between black/red and white. I'm hoping for a more subdued color and REALLY can't decide.

On the other hand I also can't decide on the size too. I am 5' 7'' and 30 inch inseam. It should be obvious that I'm a 16 inch right? Feels like i'm on the border but a 18 inch bike with 30.5 inseam seems not doable.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Those new guardians look amazing guys.
    Out of curiosity, can you guys keep the old guardians specs page up on your website somewhere?

I know there are only a few changes between the new and old guardians but i often pull up my bikes stats for component sizes and measurements from your site.

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    All this Toledo talk, you guys should do a bike demo at jermain park. The trail builders there have been hard at work and it's turning into a great ride.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowtko View Post
    Thanks a lot, now I have to choose between black/red and white. I'm hoping for a more subdued color and REALLY can't decide.

On the other hand I also can't decide on the size too. I am 5' 7'' and 30 inch inseam. It should be obvious that I'm a 16 inch right? Feels like i'm on the border but a 18 inch bike with 30.5 inseam seems not doable.

I would give them a call, have tape measure ready (are those inseams pant inseams or true inseams?). They are easy to talk to and can help getting on the right size.

COLOR i am in the same boat. I am waiting on the additional pictures to decide.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowtko View Post

Thanks! The black/red bike is more subdued than the white one for certain.

I'd say you'd want the 16. You are close in size to a guy here in the office and he rides a 16 with a longer than stock stem.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfifty View Post
    Those new guardians look amazing guys.
    Out of curiosity, can you guys keep the old guardians specs page up on your website somewhere?

I know there are only a few changes between the new and old guardians but i often pull up my bikes stats for component sizes and measurements from your site.
    We just had a conversation about that today. We are thinking about making PDF's out of the old pages (they are still there, just hidden from navigation) and housing them on our server for download if someone needs them. I've got some other things ahead of that in terms of priorities but should get to it. In the meanwhile don't hesitate to call or email if you need some info from us, thanks!

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    We just had a conversation about that today. We are thinking about making PDF's out of the old pages (they are still there, just hidden from navigation) and housing them on our server for download if someone needs them. I've got some other things ahead of that in terms of priorities but should get to it. In the meanwhile don't hesitate to call or email if you need some info from us, thanks!

Jeremy
    My two cents worth. I like being able to print out 1 page that has a picture of the bike on top and the specs on the bottom. If that is a .pdf then that works fine.

Nice to have a hard copy of the bike sometimes to compare side by side with other bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2012

Jeremy
    Thats great Jeremy, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Man I dont know what color to choose they both look great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfifty View Post
    Thats great Jeremy, thanks!
    I copied the old write up and spec sheet into a Word file a month back for that exact reason. If you need it sooner, PM me you email and I will be happy to send it to you.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Placed my order this afternoon.

I got the hot white. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Congratulations! The Guardian is one of the best values in mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Congratulations! The Guardian is one of the best values in mountain bikes.

Thanks!

In the last two days we took waaaay more pre-orders for the new Guardian than we anticipated. Good stuff!

Jeremy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast