mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Great customer service

Hi, just wanted to give a special thank you to Jeremy and Eric. Recently i discovered a small crack in my frame around the seat post clamp. Could have been a result of many things not sure but Airborne's response was swift and i really appreciate that they were willing to help and honor there lifetime warranty. I do not intend to follow through on my warranty claim simply because i do not have a spare bike and the thought of my Goblin being gone did not sit well as i really like it. Also i just got it dialed in to my taste and would have to strip it down. Its riding season and i cant wait even a week so i made a decision to take it to a trusted local custom welder of aluminum(mostly marine fabrication) I showed it to him and he is confident it will be fine and he knows 6061 aluminum well. Airborne's staff is awesome and just another reason to buy one. Thanks you and i will post back on how it went, many thanks-Mike

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Glad to hear of the great support. Even though I can weld Arc / Mig and Oxy-Acetylene, my brother worked for an aircraft exhaust repair company for 10 years and can simply Tig weld anything. So it is nice to have him available for those specialty welds. Wish you the best on the repair.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I can understand not wanting to be without your bike for a time.

But, doesn't having the frame modified (welded) invalidate the lifetime warranty?

If the frame were to completely fall apart then you would have no recourse.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Your right about that Jeff, i thought about it for a while and figured what the hell. The frame itself is not all that expensive to replace. Also after shipping costs to Airborne plus the cost of the shop stripping my bike down only to have to re-assemble it would be just about a wash. Well maybe not exactly but i am confident after the repair i will get a lot of use out of it and may never have another issue again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I imagine that a small crack repaired by a knowledgable welder would likely hold up.

Sure a crack may develop elsewhere and Airborne COULD claim frame was modified therefore no warranty.

I don't believe that is their style.

if say a crack developed in the chainstay I bet they would replace the frame without issue. Now another crack at the seat post would be a different story.

From what i have experienced and heard from others Airborne is all about service !

Not asking for BDF to chime in as I wouldn't want anybody to misconstrue the warranty policy however like all warranties there is room for adjustment.

in my experience larger company less room. Samller company more room.

Just my take on things.

Enjoy the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thought i would update this to further showcase Airborne's "legendary" customer service. As you know i had an issue with the frame and decided to get it repaired. Well it held for a while but it recently cracked again. Not really expecting much i shot an email to Eric and he still honored the warranty. He had mentioned per our phone conversation earlier in the season about offering help if i still had problems but felt at this point it was a long shot. I was so impressed i had to give them more business and pulled the trigger on a new Guardian 2.0 which i have had my eye on for a while. Thank you Eric and Jeremy your awesome!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeep View Post
    Thought i would update this to further showcase Airborne's "legendary" customer service. As you know i had an issue with the frame and decided to get it repaired. Well it held for a while but it recently cracked again. Not really expecting much i shot an email to Eric and he still honored the warranty. He had mentioned per our phone conversation earlier in the season about offering help if i still had problems but felt at this point it was a long shot. I was so impressed i had to give them more business and pulled the trigger on a new Guardian 2.0 which i have had my eye on for a while. Thank you Eric and Jeremy your awesome!
    Thanks for the kind words! We just try to do what we think is right and treat people how we would like to be treated.

And......Thanks for the Guardian order! We'll get it shipped out ASAP!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Airborne = Great people!

mtbr member
    This is the biggest reason why I purchased from Airborne - customer service! You guys ROCK!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    To be honest, I hadn't heard of Airborne prior to about 2 weeks ago but as I started researching I like what I see more and more. It's this kind of service that makes someone want to buy a bike from a company. It seems like anymore now you see manufacturers trying to find reasons NOT to honor a frame warranty and these guys are still willing to honor theirs even with a known repair/modification to the bike. Outstanding!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I would not expect any company to honor the warranty with a repair made. I was simply honest and straight forward with them and provided pictures of the original issue and the repair work done just to cover bases. Off course i don't suggest others do what i did and instead just get the replacement in the first place. I took a calculated risk but still had recourse after my failed attempt because of Airborne's commitment to great customer service. Now i cant wait to get riding again!