Thread: Going Tubeless!

mtbr member

Going Tubeless!

I've got the Hobgoblin XO tubeless and am waiting to get out there to give her a run. What tire pressure is everyone running that's doing tubeless? Interested in if it effected to rolling ability. I know its supposed to grip better just curious! Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I run 30F 28R, at about 220lbs.

TXTony
    Lower pressure. Better grip. Higher pressure. Less rolling resistance. I run my tires at max air on my Goblin tubeless. As I use it for the xc type trails. On my Moto I am running around 25-30psi depending on trail conditions. But I have huge tires on it so it rolls like a brick anyway. Take a pump with you and play with it. A lot does depend on trail conditions at least for me.

NeedGod.com
    Yeah, what these guys have said....it really depends on trail conditions. I weigh 168 lbs.

For tight, technical trails and downhill - 23/25 psi
    For XC - 27/29 psi

I've also noticed that for me, a lot depends on the tires used as well. For my aggressive tires, I like a little more air in them because they grip so well anyway. For my SB8's, I run down to 23 psi in both tires, although not very often because the sidewalls are weaker on those and they burp pretty easily. But keep in mind, my results are from non-tubeless rims and tires.
    Nathan

NeedGod.com
    Also check out the beginner forum and wheels/tires forum for previous threads. I use google searches with "mtbr" in them for best results.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Going Tubeless!

Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    Also check out the beginner forum and wheels/tires forum for previous threads. I use google searches with "mtbr" in them for best results.
    Some google magic:

You can add site:forums.mtbr.com (or site:mtbr.com) in the search box to restrict search results to specific domains.

mtbr member
    Rode the bike tubeless today and loved it. Had the front down at 25 psi and the rear at 28 psi. The bike handled very well and the front was way more sticky in the corners. I love this bike more every time I get on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    Rode the bike tubeless today and loved it. Had the front down at 25 psi and the rear at 28 psi. The bike handled very well and the front was way more sticky in the corners. I love this bike more every time I get on it!
    Sweet! Did you do the Stan's conversion?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    Sweet! Did you do the Stan's conversion?
    Yep worked great! I think I'd ride even better if I had one of those airborne jerseys!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    Yep worked great! I think I'd ride even better if I had one of those airborne jerseys!
    Glad to hear it. I will be doing the same thing in the near future.