Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Goblins/Guardians are in!

Received word from Eric today that the shipment of Guardians/Goblins has arrived in the warehouse and they will be shipping them out over the course of the next three days. Anyone who has pre-ordered a Goblin/Guardian (and any 17" HGXO's) will receive their tracking number the day after it ships.

Thanks so much to all who have pre-ordered bikes! Our warehouse will be the busiest it has ever been over the next couple of days shipping the bikes out. Please bear with us as we promise you will get your tracking number after it ships; if you call us asking for it, we really won't have it till the next day and then you will get the email as soon as we get into the office and get it.

We've been asked a lot lately about whether or not this order will keep us in good stock for awhile. A couple of months ago we would have said "yes", but at the rate of sale we've been experiencing now it is doubtful that all sizes will remain in stock much more than a couple of months now. We've got another run already in the works but we won't take shipment of them until late-July to early-August, so the moral of the story is we will run out again sometime before then. Just a heads up. It's a good problem to have as a business and we are learning how to adjust our forecasts and orders to keep up with the demand.

Thanks again,

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Thanks for keeping us up to date!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Now I really need to hurry and decide if I want to order a goblin or not!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodomis View Post
    just let it happen...

mtbr member
    Come to daddy Hobgoblin XO!Sweetness!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Awesome! Thanks for the update. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member

Re: Goblins/Guardians are in!

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated

mtbr member
    This is fun to watch the growth of this company from over here in CT . Great company, but more importantly, great people!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I got my tracking number!! It's a shame I'm going to me out of town this weekend and won't be able to see my bike until Monday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodomis View Post

Of course you do.

mtbr member
    Lucky! I wish I had a tracking number

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    No tracking # yet but I eagerly await my Goblin by the end of the week.

Thanks for the heads up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Received my tracking number today! Had mine sent to my work address so I can build mine up and ride it before I get home. Now if the rain would just stop.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Glad to hear some bikes have already shipped. I can only hope that my bike ships early enough to arrive Friday!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudonem View Post
    Glad to hear some bikes have already shipped. I can only hope that my bike ships early enough to arrive Friday!
    same here, wondering if they are shipping in order of orders received.

mtbr member
    Warm weather is here in New England finally...i am new to the forum and i'm super pumped to get my Goblin....decided to hang up my motocross boots and take on mountain biking

mtbr member
    Its doubtful they are going out in the exact order that we received them. The warehouse has a huge amount of orders to process as a bulk over the course of three days, and they are tackling the task in whatever manner works best for them to get all of them out as promised and ensure everyone gets exactly what they ordered.

Another big batch went out yesterday, and when we get the tracking#'s this morning we will send them out. Thanks!

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Yes! I got me one of them there tracking numbers! Should be here saturday just in time for me to work of some frustration from my accountant and taxes! LOL

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I received my tracking # this morning too.

Saturday delivery!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Got my number! Can't wait till Friday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Jealous still waiting for the tracking number. Oh well gives me time to read up and get ready to ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Got my number, Tuesday is to far away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I need to hurry up and order one

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    gronch
    when did you order your's curious about how long it took to get the tracking number.

thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tko52 View Post
    gronch
    when did you order your's curious about how long it took to get the tracking number.

thanks
    I ordered my Guardian on April 5th.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Could someone that gets their bike between now and Sunday give me the measurements of the box it come in? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Disregard
    Last edited by jacklikesbeans; 04-11-2013 at 08:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tko52 View Post
    Jealous still waiting for the tracking number. Oh well gives me time to read up and get ready to ride.
    Typically we try to ship orders out within 2 working days and the tracking# goes out to you via email the next working day. However this week has not been "typical" as we've been shipping out a LOT of pre-ordered Goblins and Guardians, which has been keeping the warehouse guys busy.

I know we shipped another large batch of bikes yesterday and are in the process of sending out tracking#'s via email now.

What's your order#?

Thanks,

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhunt0 View Post
    Could someone that gets their bike between now and Sunday give me the measurements of the box it come in? Thanks.
    According to our shipping documents, average box size for a complete Goblin/Guardian is 1450mmx210mmx760mm. This varies slightly according to actual frame size but not by much.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Typically we try to ship orders out within 2 working days and the tracking# goes out to you via email the next working day. However this week has not been "typical" as we've been shipping out a LOT of pre-ordered Goblins and Guardians, which has been keeping the warehouse guys busy.

I know we shipped another large batch of bikes yesterday and are in the process of sending out tracking#'s via email now.

What's your order#?

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Who has two thumbs and a tracking number. This guy! I figured you were busy and didn't want to bother you all because it can be counter productive.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    According to our shipping documents, average box size for a complete Goblin/Guardian is 1450mmx210mmx760mm. This varies slightly according to actual frame size but not by much.

Sincerely,

Jeremy
    Thanks. For anyone else that is interested, 57"x8 1/4"x30" in 'Murican units.

mtbr member
    Ordered my Goblin on Tuesday evening and got my tracking number this morning for a Tuesday/16th delivery. If I didn't have meetings that day I'd skip work and wait on the porch for the FedEx truck... Super excited!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

I had mine shipped to my work address to avoid some wait time. It's going to be hard to focus on work this afternoon as it's supposed to be delivered today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

Sincerely,

Jeremy
    I'm afraid this may not fit in my mail box...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklikesbeans View Post
    I'm afraid this may not fit in my mail box...
    Clearly the Product Manager that was responsible for your mail box did a poor job.

Resident Gear Head
    Just ordered my Guardian
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

mtbr member
    Nice!

Resident Gear Head
    My first real mountain bike, can't wait to get off this crappy, incredibly small, heavy, and rough Giant Boulder and onto something nice that actually fits my body and riding style

mtbr member

We just received our guardians, bikes were packed great and very easy to assemble. Only thing I've got to do is set the fd + rd on both. My question is I thought that fd's on the guardians were x3's, but these came with x5's. Were these upgraded and I missed the announcement?

mtbr member
    You guys don't miss a thing, do you?

We made the decision a few months back to phase-in the X5 FD on the Guardians, and this batch was the first one built with the X5. This is one of those kind of changes that generally doesn't get an announcement ("specifications subject to change", yadda yadda yadda).

Now I need to be clear about this so that everyone understands: not ALL of the Guardians we have in stock have the change. Some of the larger bikes that we had a few of will still have the X3 on there. So we aren't really changing the spec as it is written on the website until we roll into all of the stock that has X5 FD's. For the most part, most every 16 and 18 we ship out now should have the change.

If you have an X5 FD on your new Guardian, be happy and considerate a freebie!

Hope that makes sense!

Jeremy

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info so early on a Sunday morning, lol. I also understand, was just surprised.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Hmm... Now I just need to decide whether to get the Guardian or spend more $ that I don't have and get the Goblin... Any shipping specials coming up so I could partially justify the price difference?? :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I ended up going with the Guardian, due to lack of $$, but still feel like it's a fantastic deal/bike.
    Called and talked with Jeremy yesterday and he was very helpful in helping me determine the right size and explaining the advantages of 29er vs 26 as well as differences in Goblin/Guardian. Just wish I had enough to splash on the Goblin.

All the same I'm super excited to get the bike and get out and ride!!

Thanks for all your help yesterday Jeremy!

- Chris

Resident Gear Head
    Guardian comes in Friday, can't wait

Captain Climber
    Outside of the component differences what else makes the Goblin $500-$600 better?

mtbr member
    The components (drivetrain, brakes, fork, wheels) are all a few levels above the Guardian, which is worth more than the price difference if you look at the sum of the parts. Additionally, the Goblin frame is actually very different with a tapered HT(and thus a tapered fork), full sealed bearing IS-style tapered HS bearings, and is optimized for a 100mm travel fork with some small geometry tweeks.

Take a close look at the Goblin page on our website and then take a look at the Guardian, you'll see what I mean.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Captain Climber
    The components (drivetrain, brakes, fork, wheels) are all a few levels above the Guardian, which is worth more than the price difference if you look at the sum of the parts. Additionally, the Goblin frame is actually very different with a tapered HT(and thus a tapered fork), full sealed bearing IS-style tapered HS bearings, and is optimized for a 100mm travel fork with some small geometry tweeks.

Take a close look at the Goblin page on our website and then take a look at the Guardian, you'll see what I mean.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Thanks Jeremy, that makes it easy for me to know that I am going to skip the Gardian when I upgrade... now I just got to figure out if I want the Goblin or save up another $500 or so and get the HobGoblin. I'm sure by the time I'm ready to upgrade I'll have that figured out but feel free to bring one of each when you visit your mom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Thanks Jeremy, that makes it easy for me to know that I am going to skip the Gardian when I upgrade... now I just got to figure out if I want the Goblin or save up another $500 or so and get the HobGoblin. I'm sure by the time I'm ready to upgrade I'll have that figured out but feel free to bring one of each when you visit your mom
    LOL, sure! So now I have to bring my own bike to ride with you guys AND two extra ?

I agree with you, while the Guardian is a great bike and a great spec at $599, the difference in spec to the $1199 Goblin makes it worth the jump if you have the cash to bridge the gap to the more expensive bike...........especially if someone buys the Guardian with thoughts of upgrading components as you can spend more than an additional $600 and not even be up to the spec of the Goblin yet.

On a related note, we are working on a bike for late summer that falls dead-between the Guardian and Goblin in terms of spec and price, for those folks who have a little larger budget than $599 but don't want to spend $1199.

Jeremy

Captain Climber
    I can't wait to see that bike! If it is Green that might be the one for me. I want a green bike. But, as much as I wish there were more color choices I will probably base my next purchase on specs. Just got to figure out if I want a hardtail or FS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast