mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Goblin or wait for the new Seeker?

Will be purchasing a new bike this fall. Not sure if I should pick up the goblin or wait for the new seeker that's coming. Is it worth saving only 270.00 for lower components?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Truthfully its whatever you want to buy, They are both great builds but if you can swing the funds for the Goblin it will be worth it. You get a reba over a recon gold, an X7 drivetrain over X5, and elixer 7 brakes over elixer 1s.
    -Airborne Skyhawk
    -2000 Raleigh M30
    -2008 Cannondale Rush 6

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bravodog1 View Post
    Will be purchasing a new bike this fall. Not sure if I should pick up the goblin or wait for the new seeker that's coming. Is it worth saving only 270.00 for lower components?
    Look for the official Seeker webpage to be up and running by the end of next week or so.

When we started the Seeker project we were aiming squarely at the folks who had a cap of $1000. We received a lot of calls over the past year from folks that wanted a little bit of a nicer spec than the Guardian but just couldn't make the stretch to the $1300ish (including shipping) price-tag of the Goblin. With that in mind we crammed as much spec as possible onto the bike to the point where we think it will be a game changer in the $1K>below 29er category.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either bike. If you can make the stretch to get the Goblin it makes the most sense from a spec/value standpoint, but you'd be perfectly happy with the Seeker also.

Hope that helps a little bit! Look for more info and pics soon,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Wink

Is there a difference in the frame between the guardian > seeker > goblin

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I believe I read that the Goblin and Seeker share the same frame. Guardian 2.0 is same frame as the first version.
    Difference between those two would be the tapered headset and more rear mud clearance on the Goblin/Seeker.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
    I believe I read that the Goblin and Seeker share the same frame. Guardian 2.0 is same frame as the first version.
    Difference between those two would be the tapered headset and more rear mud clearance on the Goblin/Seeker.
    That's spot-on.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    just ordered the seeker. great specs for me, I have a X9 drivetrain laying around so it was easier for me to decide. However after reading a little on the x5 2x10 I will probably run it as is for a while. Not sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post

In terms of frame weight/overall weight which is lighter the Goblin/Seeker orthe Cannondale HT 29er SLs?

Thanks.