Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude

Goblin Framesets now available

For any of you guys/gals that wanted to build up your own bike, the Goblin frames are in and up on our website.

Airborne Bicycles. Goblin Frameset

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Are you willing to share the weight of the frame? Seems like a really excellent deal. If I was building up a bike from scratch, I'd want to know the weight of the parts I'm buying first. Even a ballpark figure would work. Thanks.

Airborne Product Dude
    Did you follow the link and read the description page for the product?
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Ohh how I love the intranets.

Here you go buddy. From the provided link...

Average frame weight is 4.0lbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Its good to know the weight. I've recently been looking at a used Niner EMD. I found the weight on the old EMD to be 3.65. So the Airborne is competitive in weight. Especially when you consider the price difference. I think the new EMD9 might be lighter though.

Airborne Product Dude
    The new EMD9 should be for what it costs compared to the Airborne frame.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    The new EMD9 should be for what it costs compared to the Airborne frame.
    Agreed.

Mtn View, CA
    Great color and graphics on the frameset. Especially compared to other brands nowadays that get pretty gaudy.
    Is the top tube bend shown in one of the pictures of the 16" frameset the same for the fully built 16" Goblin and Guardian?
    Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed...

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyap View Post
    Great color and graphics on the frameset. Especially compared to other brands nowadays that get pretty gaudy.
    Is the top tube bend shown in one of the pictures of the 16" frameset the same for the fully built 16" Goblin and Guardian?
    Thanks! The silver with black and green decals actually turned out better than I thought it would. The hits of green really pop on the silver. I like it so much I think I'm going to swap the parts over from my green Goblin frame and build up a silver one with a new fork.

The curved TT on the 16" is on the Goblin bikes and framesets only. The Guardian has the standard straight-TT frame with the non-tapered HT.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks! The silver with black and green decals actually turned out better than I thought it would. The hits of green really pop on the silver. I like it so much I think I'm going to swap the parts over from my green Goblin frame and build up a silver one with a new fork.

The curved TT on the 16" is on the Goblin bikes and framesets only. The Guardian has the standard straight-TT frame with the non-tapered HT.

Jeremy
    While your at it, why don't you take the components off a new black frame and put them on a Silver one for me too. I love that silver. I'm sure someone else would love to have a black frame. Seriously, is there anyway to get a complete Goblin built on the silver frame? I mean besides me buying both bike and frame and doing it myself.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo1 View Post
    While your at it, why don't you take the components off a new black frame and put them on a Silver one for me too. I love that silver. I'm sure someone else would love to have a black frame. Seriously, is there anyway to get a complete Goblin built on the silver frame? I mean besides me buying both bike and frame and doing it myself.
    I love the black one though! But I have a thing for black bikes. I already have a black one built up with XO and a SID World Cup, so I thought I'd build up a silver one with my other parts since the silver frames are also tapered and the green frame is not.

Anyway, we aren't set up to start swapping parts around for folks, sorry. Having only one colorway in completes of a certain model helps us keep our costs down. Making smart decisions like that, and keeping SKU count down, having a warehouse on the west coast at the port, and operating at low mark-up are all things that help us deliver product to you guys at lower than average price...........

Thanks for the compliment on the silver!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyway, we aren't set up to start swapping parts around for folks, sorry. Having only one colorway in completes of a certain model helps us keep our costs down. Making smart decisions like that, and keeping SKU count down, having a warehouse on the west coast at the port, and operating at low mark-up are all things that help us deliver product to you guys at lower than average price...........

Thanks for the compliment on the silver!

Jeremy
    I completely understand. But I had to ask. I love the red on the Guardian too. I'm just not a fan of black. I don't dislike it, it just doesn't get me excited or fired up. But from a companies sales perspective, colors like red, blue, black, silver, white are good choices. Although they may not be peoples first choice in color very few people are completely opposed to those colors. You really took a chance with the original green. I love it, and I think most do, but I can understand why some people would be turned off. Anyway, the silver is beautiful.

mtbr member
    I was thinking the same thing. Frame looks great. Might be a great frame to build for my fiancÚ. She will be all upset if I get a 29er without her

MTB Fanatic
    That's a really nice looking frame. I like how you melded the old and new Goblin together in one frame.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Did you follow the link and read the description page for the product?
    My bad. I read the product specs, but not the description.

Airborne Product Dude
    No worries!
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    I took apart my green Goblin and threw my parts on one of the new silver frames. They look great built up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goblin Framesets now available-silver-goblin-built.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Hell yea! Looks great! I do still like the green though!

MTB Fanatic
    Man, that does looks great! Thanks for posting that!
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    What is the inside diameter at the lower end of the headtube on the Goblin frame?

To clarify, here is my scenario. I bought a Guardian in August as a budget option to see if mountain biking was going to work for me as a hobby an to achieve my fitness goals. Now several months later and 20 lbs lighter, I'm pretty dedicated to mountain biking. I have done a lot of upgrades to my Guardian. I'm thinking of building a rigid bike for pavement, commuting with the etc, with my leftover parts. I was thinking of transferring my Guardian parts, to a Goblin frame, and building out the Guardian as a rigid/hybrid bike.

Long story short I want to transfer my untapered Reba fork to a Goblin frameset but would need to buy an adapter headset and I want to make sure one is available before I buy the frame.

Airborne Product Dude
    This is the exact reducer you need for the lower 1/2" bearing. Two customers have already swapped frames over and have used this reducer to fit a non-tapered 1 1/8" fork. You should be able to source it in the US.

Reducer Crown Race For C-40 Headset 1.5 Inch To 1 1/8 Inch
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Awesome thanks. I'll be ordering a frame soon.

Edit: Do you know who the manufacturer is and part number for this adapter? The link provided doesn't really have any information that will help me find this in the US.
    Last edited by swildnm; 11-20-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Airborne Product Dude
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I am drooling over the Goblin frameset.

Right now, I have a 2012 Novara Matador 29er with some upgrades e.g. Recon fork.

Would it be a frame upgrade to move from the Matador to the Goblin?

I'm looking for lighter weight and better ride quality. The Matador with the Recon is about 32lbs!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast