mtbr member

Goblin Build help

Hey fellow Airborne fans im looking for your help. Im new to mountain biking this year, bought a goblin v2 and love it so much decided to buy another goblin frame to build over the winter.

tried using the search function but didnt have luck. My question is: i want to make this goblin 1x10 so looking for non SRAM cranks and BB. But do i have to buy a GXP BB or can i go with something else such as a 68/73? Do these frames only accept GXP BB?

thanks

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by WineDine29er View Post
    Hey fellow Airborne fans im looking for your help. Im new to mountain biking this year, bought a goblin v2 and love it so much decided to buy another goblin frame to build over the winter.

tried using the search function but didnt have luck. My question is: i want to make this goblin 1x10 so looking for non SRAM cranks and BB. But do i have to buy a GXP BB or can i go with something else such as a 68/73? Do these frames only accept GXP BB?

thanks
    The BB standard on the Goblin frame is BSA ("English Thread"). So any BSA threaded bottom bracket that is 68 mm or 73mm wide will fit. 73mm wide bottom brackets require a 2.5mm spacer (generally included with the BB) on either side to bring the spacing from 68 to 73.

Hope that answers your question!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    The BB standard on the Goblin frame is BSA ("English Thread"). So any BSA threaded bottom bracket that is 68 mm or 73mm wide will fit. 73mm wide bottom brackets require a 2.5mm spacer (generally included with the BB) on either side to bring the spacing from 68 to 73.

Hope that answers your question!

Jeremy
    Are these the same specs for a Guardian 1.0? Im debating about upgrading my cranks and BB during the winter.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfifty View Post
    Are these the same specs for a Guardian 1.0? Im debating about upgrading my cranks and BB during the winter.
    Yep. This is pretty much standard for mtb frames that have threaded bottom brackets. Any Airborne mtb with a threaded bottom bracket shell is this common standard.

Where things get confusing are the pressfit standards (BB30, Pressfit30, PressfitGXP, BB92, and the new M35 from Praxis).

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The sram cranks work with a single chain ring as well. I directly mounted a race face narrow wide to my x7 crank.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies everyone i appreciate it