mtbr member
    Sep 2013

New question here. Goblin Bar Weight?

Has anyone measured the weight of the stock bar that the Airborne Goblin (2013) comes with?

I think I want a wider bar but was curious about what baseline weight I should be comparing to while making my selection.

Same for the neck if anyone knows or has weighed theirs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I just swapped mine out last night for a low riser.

I'll get back to you with a weight in a bit.

There is another thread here with some OE weights in it, not sure if the stem was listed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Awesome! Thanks in advance. I'm considering creating a website that lists various component weights and brand/model/ price. It's quite a pain to compile manually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by iso100 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks in advance. I'm considering creating a website that lists various component weights and brand/model/ price. It's quite a pain to compile manually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    For OE components like stems/bars/etc most manufacturers don't post weights, and the weight is subject to change or be different depending on sourcing. I would be hesitant to list such weights on a website as they are very subject to change. I hope that makes sense!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    For OE components like stems/bars/etc most manufacturers don't post weights, and the weight is subject to change or be different depending on sourcing. I would be hesitant to list such weights on a website as they are very subject to change.
    Good point, that makes sense. I wonder if I had it set up in a way that either dated the manufacture of the OEM component or somehow identified it visually, so that visitors could better verify. Of course, another option is just identifying OEM components with a message about the same caveat you just mentioned.For aftermarket components though, the ability to see weight and price as well as a metric like $/g would be quite helpful.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Looks like someone is already doing something similar to what I was thinking:

Weight Weenies - Listings Index

They don't, however, have a $/gram rating... but I guess pricing sure would be tough to normalize unless I allowed multiple submissions and averaged the price.