mtbr member

First ride on new Seeker w/ pics

I received my Seeker yesterday morning and spent the afternoon putting everything together. The rear derailleur was out of whack, so I spent quite a bit of time getting it setup properly. It was a bit bent coming out of the box, but I was able to fix it. I also used some of the fixes posted on the forum to get rid of the brake rub.

I finally took it out for a 12 mile ride this evening on a paved trail just to see if everything was working as it should. This is an awesome bike! Shifting is super smooth and I really dig the geometry. I had a GT Karakorum 29r last year and this bike is so much more comfortable for me. I'm 5'9" w/ a 31" inseam and the 18" fits me perfectly.

I did add a few of my own bits:
    Switched out the seat for a brown Charge saddle (super comfy and Jenson has a great sale on these right now)
    Grips are ODI Vans edition
    Handlebars are Loaded AmXc (little more rise)
    Kenda Nevegal up front
    Pedals are Shimano m530s
    I also added some clear protection patches to the frame to prevent cable rub in various spots.
    Oh and a Niner headset cap with a Bells Oberon bottle cap. Nice match with the orange on the frame.

Next upgrade will probably be a Niner RDO carbon seat post. Going to have to save for that one. Those suckers are pricey.

I love this bike! Hope to hit some dirt trails tomorrow morning.

First ride on new Seeker w/ pics-img_20130816_183329.jpgFirst ride on new Seeker w/ pics-img_20130816_185840.jpg
    Last edited by Jaspur; 08-16-2013 at 06:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Finally hit some dirt trails today and the bike is way beyond my expectations. I went to some trails close to my house in Ft. Thomas KY at Tower Park. Some of them are pretty technical and they have some crazy switchbacks going down to the river, but there are also some nice and fast downhill sections. I haven't ridden in a while so it was way beyond my fitness level right now, but I did OK and there is nothing like a new bike for motivation. The first pic shows a branch from a downed tree that I hit coming off one of the side trails. The branch got stuck in between my tire and fork. Nothing was damaged but it quite a shock at first. What a blast. Hoping the Devou Park trails tomorrow.

First ride on new Seeker w/ pics-img_20130817_100757.jpgFirst ride on new Seeker w/ pics-img_20130817_103410.jpg

mtbr member
    Good looking bike!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspur View Post
    Finally hit some dirt trails today and the bike is way beyond my expectations. I went to some trails close to my house in Ft. Thomas KY at Tower Park. Some of them are pretty technical and they have some crazy switchbacks going down to the river, but there are also some nice and fast downhill sections. I haven't ridden in a while so it was way beyond my fitness level right now, but I did OK and there is nothing like a new bike for motivation. The first pic shows a branch from a downed tree that I hit coming off one of the side trails. The branch got stuck in between my tire and fork. Nothing was damaged but it quite a shock at first. What a blast. Hoping the Devou Park trails tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130817_100757.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	262.6 KB 
ID:	824597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130817_103410.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	264.1 KB 
ID:	824598
    Looks good!

Some of us here at Airborne go down and ride Devou on occasion. Fun trails!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

MTB Fanatic
    Nice pics and write-up.
    Nathan