mtbr member
    Jun 2009

First Ride on the New Goblin...

...and first ride on a 29er for that matter.

Love this bike!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Very nice! Can you post up some photos of your Goblin - you know, while she's sitting still?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I meant to post a couple pictures from the ride last night but got distracted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by megalowmatt View Post
    Beautiful bike. I'm trying to decide between the Seeker and the Goblin. The Goblin just seems like too much bang for your buck to pass up. It seems like the component upgrades on the Goblin over the Seeker would cost more, after market, than the $270 difference in price between the two bikes is initially. In other words, I don't think you could upgrade the Seeker level components to Goblin level component for $270. If that makes any sense at all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I was in your same position and after a lot (probably too much!) research I decided on the Goblin for the reasons you mention above. Every time I've been torn over a few hundred dollars in hindsight I had wished I'd paid for the upgrade.

The only downside is I like the Seeker paint a little more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I'll second megalomatt. If you have the $270 now opt for the goblin. I was in your shoes last year but there wasn't a seeker option only gaurdian. I chose the goblin and love it. The Reba fork and x7 drivetrain are well worth $270.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I'll second megalomatt. If you have the $270 now opt for the goblin. I was in your shoes last year but there wasn't a seeker option only gaurdian. I chose the goblin and love it. The Reba fork and x7 drivetrain are well worth $270.
    Yeah... I just added up the price of building out the Goblin and pretty quickly came to the conclusion that Airborne is giving away the frame and maybe even the fork/Rock Shox Reba for free. No brainer here but don't tell Airborne. Okay? Seriously, if anyone is asking for free shipping or some kind of a discount they're insane.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by megalowmatt View Post
    Great looking bike!! Enjoy the ride!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Yeah... I just added up the price of building out the Goblin and pretty quickly came to the conclusion that Airborne is giving away the frame and maybe even the fork/Rock Shox Reba for free. No brainer here but don't tell Airborne. Okay? Seriously, if anyone is asking for free shipping or some kind of a discount they're insane.
    LOL!

Yeah we aren't GIVING anything away for free, it just appears that way because we don't put a lot of mark-up margin into the selling price. I can't really divulge our cost and profit margins, but most folks would be surprised at how little we make on a bike.

I wouldn't go so far as to call someone insane, as you never have any chance of getting what you want in life if you don't ask for it! But yeah, the margin spread just isn't there for us to do discounts or free freight.

Thanks for the kind words!

Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    A few months back I had looked into buying a Goblin frame and transferring the drive train and hardware off my 26. I would have still needed to buy wheels/tires and fork. The cost of all that was real close to just buying a Seeker outright but adding in the aggravation cost penalty and the upgrade cost/benefit of the Goblin i just bought new

Glad I did. The Goblin is a blast to ride.