mtbr member
    Apr 2012

First new bike in 20 years - Airborne Guardian

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I was an avid rider as a teenager, and bought my last bike in 1992, a Peugeot "Yak". My best friend and I would go tearing through the forest for hours, return covered in mud, spray everything clean, and repeat the next day.

Fast forward to twenty years later, I'm about 6" taller and 50 pounds heavier, married, have a our year-old son and another one on the way. Times have certainly changed.

So, last year I was riding the ol' Yak, and it just wasn't happening. Way too small. So I needed a new bike, couldn't break the bank getting it, looked around at these new-fangled "29ers", and came across the Airborne Guardian.

Been super happy with the bike since day one. Nobody should be intimidated about putting it together. I am far from mechanically inclined, and it had been decades since I worked on a bike, and I was done with this thing in about 30 minutes, with no issues since. Love the customer service from Airborne too, they're incredibly helpful., I had a little bit of a fitment issue with the bike actually (I'm all leg), so they sent me some new parts, free of charge, no questions asked, and I'm all set. Definitely not your typical mail-order bike company, I can't recommend them enough.

Enjoying reading the forum, and will be on the lookout for some people to go riding with in or near Boston. Cheers!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First new bike in 20 years - Airborne Guardian-may-28-2012-download-112.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Congrats mate, looks nice

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    not a bad deal 600 bucks for rock shox suspension, hydraulic brakes and a 29er!!!

mtbr member
    Very nice, Mike!

Other than than the getting 6" taller, I'm in the same boat as you.

Wanting to pull the trigger on a 29er, but with an almost 3 yo little guy and a brand new little girl, funds are low.

Thinking real hard about one of the Guardian's and I'm hoping to read about some members here who decided to go that route.

Keep us updated!

Brian

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Congrats!!! Time to get 'er dirty

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just ordered mine today. Good pic. I cant wait to take my out of the box pic.

mtbr member
    looking at your bike, it just makes me realize how short I am. I got the 16" (im 5'6 with a 30in inseam -- I barely fit on my 16" i'm a little worried it's almost too big... my hip is in line with my seat, but my standover kind of goes up my totes)

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Congrats man. I'm in much the same stage of life as you, and got the bike bug again and plunged into a 29er with this beauty as well. I love my Guardian, I have really put it through it's paces and it's come through for me. I don't think there is a better hardtail for the price out there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looks great!!! Bust those reflectors off and get it dirty!!

mtbr member

First new bike in 20 years - Airborne Guardian

I'm sure, sometime in the last year, he's had a chance to get the bike dirty. He may have even taken the reflectors off of the bike. Lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My brain saw everything except 2012. Sometimes......I respond without thinking.