mtbr member

Fail at Rigor Mortis

This video demonstrates proper line technique, and obstacle clearance. OK, maybe not...

Rigor Fail on Vimeo

Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Is the bike ok?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Looks like a super fun trail!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    Is the bike ok?
    Yep, the bike is fine - took me a while to find the handlebar end in the clay though! I will say this for Airborne bikes, they can take quite the beating from me!

Quote Originally Posted by iso100 View Post
    Looks like a super fun trail!
    It's a great trail, but crazy slow when it's that wet. I still have the downhill of the other trail to piece together, file split point wasn't to my liking, but will make it work.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That looks fun! At least it looked like a nice easy set down - nothing like getting slammed to the ground when the front end washes out.

I'm riding in So Cal on April 1 and cannot wait to experience this type of terrain. Awesome.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    That looks fun! At least it looked like a nice easy set down - nothing like getting slammed to the ground when the front end washes out.

I'm riding in So Cal on April 1 and cannot wait to experience this type of terrain. Awesome.
    Yeah, it wasn't too terrible at all, got a little road rash on the left shin, and a knot just above the left elbow. Have fun in SoCal!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't too terrible at all, got a little road rash on the left shin, and a knot just above the left elbow. Have fun in SoCal!
    My top tube always seems to be able to find my right knee when I go down. Before I started wearing knee pads, I'd come home with a baseball sized egg on my knee if it was a particularly rough day. That day I had a front end wash out on my favorite flowy trails after 4 times OTB on some technical terrain. When the front end went out on one of my favorite trails I hit the ground hard enough that the guy I Was riding with (in front of me) heard the thump and stopped. All I could do was laugh and lay there while I caught my breath.

Man, I miss the MTB. Glad you came out relatively unscathed!
    Eric

mtbr member
    My top tube always seems to be able to find my right knee when I go down. Before I started wearing knee pads, I'd come home with a baseball sized egg on my knee if it was a particularly rough day. That day I had a front end wash out on my favorite flowy trails after 4 times OTB on some technical terrain. When the front end went out on one of my favorite trails I hit the ground hard enough that the guy I Was riding with (in front of me) heard the thump and stopped. All I could do was laugh and lay there while I caught my breath.

Man, I miss the MTB. Glad you came out relatively unscathed!
    Thanks sky! I have crashed a good dozen times over the last season, thankfully all have been in soft sand. The day I am screwed is when I lose it in one of the rock gardens!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The day I am screwed is when I lose it in one of the rock gardens!
    The first place we went is essentially nothing but rock gardens and mud pits filled with rocks. No flow. No bermy riding. Even the "easy" stuff is harder than most "Hard" stuff other places I've ridden. I'll stick to berms and flowy jumps thanks.
    Eric

mtbr member
    The first place we went is essentially nothing but rock gardens and mud pits filled with rocks. No flow. No bermy riding. Even the "easy" stuff is harder than most "Hard" stuff other places I've ridden. I'll stick to berms and flowy jumps thanks.
    That just made me feel like a little girl...

mtbr member
    May 2007

Re: Fail at Rigor Mortis

That just made me feel like a little girl...

Lol that's just one of the more popular types of northeast riding! Just different is all. That day I threw my bike into the woods after a hard fall, picked it up, and WALKED 2 miles out while the 2 guys I was with rode another 6 miles of that stuff, so no need to feel like a little girl! I still say I'll never go back there and will stick to the place I enjoy riding, which is all rolling/buff/beautiful single track.

Sorry to derail this. Is the mud still from the snow you guys got?
    Eric

mtbr member

Sorry to derail this. Is the mud still from the snow you guys got?
    Yep, that is the left-over from the weeks previous snowfall. That day I was in shorts and a long sleeve jersey, an absolutely beautiful day to ride. I am really hoping that the warm weather we have been having dries out the trail a bit so it picks up more speed, and I can ride a bit further out.