mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Dropper post cable routing options on HobGoblin?

Been playing with the idea of picking up a KS Lev for the hobgob. Looking at the bike it seems the best way to route the cable is down the top tube using some 'stick-on' type cable management guides. I fear this will be ugly and in the way possibly on dismounts. I wouldnt want to rip one of those guides off and have a dangling cable to finish a ride. Any chance they will fit in the internal cable routing along with the FD cable?

Let me know what you guys have came up with for running the cable.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by hedz0r View Post
    Any chance they will fit in the internal cable routing along with the FD cable?
    It won't fit in the internal routing with the FD cable. The opening in the front of the TT isn't large enough.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: Dropper post cable routing options on HobGoblin?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    It won't fit in the internal routing with the FD cable. The opening in the front of the TT isn't large enough.

Jeremy
    Thanks Jeremy. I guess top tube route will have to do for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Airborne Product Dude
    If you went to a single-ring set-up in the front, it would leave the routing empty for the FD cable and you could use it for the dropper post cable instead. I know a few of our customers have done that.

We are looking at adding a couple of cable anchors on future HG production next year for folks that want to run a dropper.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Let us know how you like that dropper post too! This is an upgrade that I would love to do to the Goblin as well.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    If you went to a single-ring set-up in the front, it would leave the routing empty for the FD cable and you could use it for the dropper post cable instead. I know a few of our customers have done that.

We are looking at adding a couple of cable anchors on future HG production next year for folks that want to run a dropper.

Jeremy
    Well now that's another option. Not sure how much I'd love it on some of the more technical climbs but its worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Let us know how you like that dropper post too! This is an upgrade that I would love to do to the Goblin as well.
    Will do. Right now my eye is on the LEV but we'll see what the little woman thinks about my bike spending habits first. Haha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hedz0r View Post
    Will do. Right now my eye is on the LEV but we'll see what the little woman thinks about my bike spending habits first. Haha.
    I know the feeling sir!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

I know the feeling sir!
    Ehh who am I kidding? Ill probably just order it anyways

mtbr member
    My wife has a tendency to go shopping, find all kinds of stuff on sale, and then tell me how much money she saved me. It is all good, I did the same to her when I bought my Goblin... See honey? Look how much money I saved YOU!

mtbr member
    My wife has a tendency to go shopping, find all kinds of stuff on sale, and then tell me how much money she saved me. It is all good, I did the same to her when I bought my Goblin... See honey? Look how much money I saved YOU!
    '

Glad I'm not the only one with an ol' lady that employs that kind of "logic". SMH