mtbr member

Dad picked up New Hot White Guardian

Just finished putting it together. I was a little concerned since the rear derailleur was poking out of the box. It may be bent but I'll call Airborne in the morning. The front brake line was just flopping around so I have to see how I would mount it to the fork. Any ideas? Also, on my Airborne Goblin, the rear control ares on the right side of the bar and the front controls are on the left. They are reversed on the Guardian. Is that correct or do I have an issue?Dad picked up New Hot White Guardian-img_20131203_162958.jpgDad picked up New Hot White Guardian-img_20131203_174926.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Most of the time rear is on the right and front is on the left. Doesn't hurt anything to run it backwards as long as you remember but might be worth letting Airborne know anyway.

Sweet bike, love that color scheme.
    Eric

mtbr member
    I also think I have to true the front disc brake. Is that something I can do it home or is a special tool needed?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    It takes a certain touch but I've done it with an adjustable wrench with the jaws in tape. Once you get the brake caliper situated properly ride it a bit - some heat in the rotor can straighten out minor warping in my experience.
    Eric

Airborne Product Dude
    I think you have the handlebar in the wrong orientation. Give Eric a call tomorrow morning about your other issues; we'll work thru them.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Thanks Jeremy. It was kind of dark when I put it together but I used my Goblin as a reference point.

mtbr member

Dad picked up New Hot White Guardian

Looking at how your rear brake line and shifter cable are twisted it just looks like you have the bars rotated. You should be able to take he bars off and spin them (rotate clockwise or counterclockwise) and get everything straightened up.

mtbr member
    I just ran out and looked at it. I have it oriented wrong. Brain fart

mtbr member
    haha... funny thing is - the first thing I did on my Hob was reverse the brake levers!! Moto style FTW!!!!!

mtbr member
    As long as that brain fart didn't stink too badly, all is good! Better to brain fart now, than on the trail!

mtbr member
    Reversed the handle bars and everything is good. Solves the cable routing a bit. Just have to dial in the rear derailleur. It wants to go into the spokes. Kind annoying to work with out a stand. Anyone have cheep but decent suggestions.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sounds like a bent derailer hanger or the low limit screw isn't set properly. Check out YouTube and park tools website for both issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I don't have a stand yet either....I just turn the bike upside down and rest it on the saddle/handlebars...works fine!

mtbr member
    I hang my bike from my 2 hooks in my garage ceiling with two motorcycle tie downs so you can adjust the height. Works AWESOME and is super cheap since i already had the straps. See crude photo below:

Name:  diy-repair-stand.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  38.5 KB

mtbr member
    I should've mentioned, I hook one strap to the stem and loop the other strap through the seat rails of the bike to keep it from tipping one way or the other. And you just need to get it like 2 inches off the ground to work on the bike it doesnt have to be 5 feet in the air

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Clever rig!