mtbr member

Copper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!

This past weekend me and a couple buddies went up to Copper Harbor Michigan and hit the trails. It was awesome! We hit almost all the trails with the exception of the few double black diamonds, Overflow, Flying Squirel, and Downtown. Danimal was closed for some trail work. With it being wet most of the time we were there the bridges were pretty slick which definitely made me pucker up a couple times The trails are super well maintained. We actually ran into Aaron Rodgers on the trail doing some work, he spear heads the whole thing up there. Super nice guy and has an awesome job, building sweet trails for a living! The Hobgoblin was great out there, I had a freakin' blast! (Side note, I never used the granny for any of the climbs so I'm going to drop a ring and go 1x10 and probably move to a 36t as I never spin it out.) Particularly when bombing down "the flow" and "bullwinkle" I didn't grab too many pictures... too busy riding, and the weather was a bit sketchy. I'm in the blue jacket in the bottom two pictures "on the edge" My buddy shot some video with the GoPro so hopefully I can post up some of that soon too. If you have the opportunity I highly recommend you get out there and ride, totally worth the drive! Copper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!-copperharborridge.jpgCopper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!-bridges.jpgCopper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!-edge.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for the pics!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Looks like a lot of fun. I bet it was pretty wet and slick (especially judging from those bridges in the pics) and because of all the rain the MW got this past weekend. Makes the ride more interesting at least.

mtbr member

Here's one more

One more shot... kind of wishing I had taken more pictures while I was there, but I was just to busy riding! Guess it's time to pick up a POV camera.

Copper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!-jim-edge1.jpg

Airborne Product Dude
    I've heard so much about Copper Harbor that I want to get up there soon. Our local IMBA guy raves about it. Maybe next year!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    It's pretty amazing. I see that place blowing up in the next few years as the word continues to get out and people flood in to ride and vote with their dollars. They have a great culture already and it sounds like they have a solid plan moving forward. I vote for an Airborne meet-up next summer in Copper Harbor who's in? Get everyone together and ride it up and be merry.

MTB Fanatic
    10 hours from me. I google mapped it. It looks awesome!
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Re: Copper Harbor on my Hobgoblin!

223 miles from NE WI..even though im a total newb on the trails, id be up!

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2