mtbr member
    May 2011

Breezer Jetstream vs Airborne Goblin

I have narrowed down my new 29er choices to these 2, the Breezer Jetstream Comp ($1099 on Nashbar.com), and the Airborne Goblin (2012 version, $1049).

Airborne Bicycles. Goblin
    Breezer Jetstream Comp 29" Mountain Bike - Overweight Code G Restricted

The Breezer is a bit lighter, I think, but the Goblin has a bit better fork. I feel a bit more comfortable buying from Airborne than Nashbar, but I love the idea of shedding a few pounds on the stock versions, plus I am still a bit iffy on how long the novelty of the Goblin paint scheme is gonna take to wear off.

What do you all think?

mtbr member
    Just looking at the package I'd go with the Goblin. Have read a lot of +'s here in the forum on the Goblin.
    Mongoose Summit Pro
    Gary Fisher Tassajara
    Motobecane Fantom Trail DS
    Trek 2011 X-Caliber

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The New Goblin gets you a tapered steer tube and 38/24 tooth chainrings which is nice for a 29er. I know I'm sometimes begging for an easier gear with my 39/26 setup.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    28+ for both. The "new" Goblin has 100mm tapered steerer 15mm thru axle Reba fork. A lot better front end and only needs a light wheel and tire. The Breezer has a shorter chain stay(438 vs 450). but the model isn't on their site although the Thunder appears to be equivalent.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Well now the Brrezer Jetstream Comp is available (size Med which is prob right for me at 5'11") on Nashbar for $950, plus shipping of $39 for total of $989. Seems like a good deal, all SLX drivetrain. Everyone still think the Goblin is the better deal, for $1050? I just can't get over that green- seems maybe a bit young for me at 42 y.o.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I would check. If the Goblin has a Reba fork, tapered head tube, and 15mm axle. It is definetly worth it. I went from a standard head tube 9mm quick release 26er. To a tapered, 15mm axle 29er. Even with the 29 inch wheels(same exact wheelset except bigger) the front end steers so much more precise.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Goblin 2013

This is a sweet setup and an awesome deal for $1200

6061 Hydroformed Aluminum Hardtail 29"

Fork

RockShox Reba RL 29 Dual Air w/Lock-Out, tapered steer, 100mm

Headset

Ahead Sealed Cartridge 1 1/8" to 1.5" tapered

Brake Levers

Avid Elixir 7

Brakes

Avid Elixir 7 Hydraulic Disc

Rotors

Avid 180mm front, 160mm rear

Shifters

SRAM X-7 2x10

F Derailleur

SRAM X-7 2x10

R Derailleur

SRAM X-7 2x10 Mid-Cage

Cassette

SRAM PG-1050 11-36T 10-Speed

Chain

SRAM Powerchain 1051

Crank

SRAM X-7 2x10, 38/24 rings

Bottom Bracket

SRAM XR GXP Sealed BB

Pedals

NONE

Rims

WTB SpeedDisc XC Alloy Double-Walled with eyelets

Hubs

KT HiFlange Sealed Bearing 32H

Spokes

Black 14g Stainless

Tires

GEAX AKA 2.2"

Handlebar

AIRBORNE Alloy Flat, 640mm width

Stem

AIRBORNE Alloy +/- 7 Degree Rise, size specific

Saddle

Selle San Marco Ponza Power

Seat Post

AIRBORNE Alloy 31.6mm Diameter, 350mm Length

Extras

Owner's Manual, Clear Coat, H20 Bottle Mounts

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    that is why i orderd a 2013 NEW GOBLIN !!!!! SEARCHING FOR MAYBE GREEN SPOKES OR WHITE SPOKES :d WILL ROCK !!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fordohio View Post
    I would check. If the Goblin has a Reba fork, tapered head tube, and 15mm axle. It is definetly worth it. I went from a standard head tube 9mm quick release 26er. To a tapered, 15mm axle 29er. Even with the 29 inch wheels(same exact wheelset except bigger) the front end steers so much more precise.
    Where are you seeing the 15mm axle? I haven't seen it in the literature, and the photo seems to show a standard 9mm QR. Not a big deal to me, but figured it's worth clearing up for other people reading your post.

Airborne Product Dude
    To clarify: The new Goblin does not have a 15mm axle. We just couldn't afford to get it on that bike at the pricepoint we are selling it at.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I looked at the same bikes you have and chose the Airborne Goblin. I am 53 and I like the color. But honestly the color is not important out on the trail, only in the photo ads. If you can swing it though I would recommend the 2013 Goblin for you. They took a good bike (the 2012) and made it better. I have since done several upgrades to my bike and I absolutely love it. The Reba fork is the best I have ridden and is super adjustable. Either way enjoy your new bike whatever it is and let us know how you did!