mtbr member
    May 2013

Any idea if Airborne is planning a 27.5 to their line up?

I've been looking at their bikes and while I'm tempted to buy a Hobgoblin, I'm waiting to see what comes of the 650b roll outs that other companies look to be releasing. I'm new to the sport and currently have a 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara and 2012 GT Karakoram 2.0 29er. While I like the GT , I ride it the most, I'm really looking for a FS bike. I ride in S Fl at Quiet Waters, on some sections of the trails there my back is taking a beating and I'm wondering if a FS would help with that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue426 View Post
    I've been looking at their bikes and while I'm tempted to buy a Hobgoblin, I'm waiting to see what comes of the 650b roll outs that other companies look to be releasing. I'm new to the sport and currently have a 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara and 2012 GT Karakoram 2.0 29er. While I like the GT , I ride it the most, I'm really looking for a FS bike. I ride in S Fl at Quiet Waters, on some sections of the trails there my back is taking a beating and I'm wondering if a FS would help with that?
    According to this thread not in immediate future but never say never.... I'm waiting to see their AM offering before I pull the trigger on another bike.

In Development?

Fezzari, another direct to customer bike co, will be releasing a 650B bike if your only considering this wheel size.
    SOC13: Fezzari Custom Builds 650b, Straight to Your Door

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by betorac View Post
    According to this thread not in immediate future but never say never.... I'm waiting to see their AM offering before I pull the trigger on another bike.

In Development?

Fezzari, another direct to customer bike co, will be releasing a 650B bike if your only considering this wheel size.
    SOC13: Fezzari Custom Builds 650b, Straight to Your Door

I don't think I'm necessarily tied into the wheel size per se. If anything I find myself drawn to Airborne as a company, and would like to buy my next bike from them as a result. I love the component mixes on their offerings and the feedback about them and their bikes is very positive. My GF seems a bit long in the cockpit and low to the ground compared to my GT, and yes I understand the differences in 26 and 29 wheel sets. The option of having a 26, 27.5 and 29 " wheeled bikes is what I find appealing to me from an owner's perspective.I'm actually fighting ordering a Hobgoblin now. I feel like both of my bikes are just a bit big for me , both are large frames, so while I certainly don't need another bike at this point I'd really like to get another one and I'd like to give my hard earned cash to Airborne for the next one I buy. A 650b just seems to be a natural size to me.