mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Another one joins the Airborne crew!!!!

What's up guys.. I have been rather quiet on the boards and have mainly been a lurker since I joined but after many hours of research and feedback from others... I have ordered a Goblin! Extremely excited to finally have a bike that fits as I have been shredding my Schwinn Mesa GSX (2 sizes too small) since I got her in 2000 haha! Look forward to getting some pics up once I get everything in place and out on the trail.

Has anyone made a Goblin specific tutorial for assembly like the one Eric did for the Sabre? Or will that one be EXACTLY the same for the Goblin? I haven't ever had to do many adjustments or swapping any parts out on a mountain bike yet so kind of new in that aspect.

Also, I know there are tons of other posts just like this one but I was too excited not to introduce myself to the Airborne crew!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Don't forget to flip the front fork around!

Captain Climber
    I found this to be similar and informative. I like this guys vids and am surprised he doesn't have many subscribers but he has taught me a lot. Think I originally found him searching for threaded headset info.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Welcome and congrats!

NCS
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Congrats on the Goblin. I just got a Guardian yesterday. I originally had my eye on the Guardian, then the Goblin but found a used Guardian I couldn't pass up. Two months old, latest X5 drivetrain, Time clipless, Ergon GS1 grips for $475. It was a no brainer for me to grab it quickly. The guy had both a Guardain and Goblin and was letting the Guardian go. I am a happy camper needless to say.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Nice! Thanks for all the info guys! I am patiently waiting haha

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by MakinMoves417 View Post
    What's up guys.. I have been rather quiet on the boards and have mainly been a lurker since I joined but after many hours of research and feedback from others... I have ordered a Goblin! Extremely excited to finally have a bike that fits as I have been shredding my Schwinn Mesa GSX (2 sizes too small) since I got her in 2000 haha! Look forward to getting some pics up once I get everything in place and out on the trail.

Has anyone made a Goblin specific tutorial for assembly like the one Eric did for the Sabre? Or will that one be EXACTLY the same for the Goblin? I haven't ever had to do many adjustments or swapping any parts out on a mountain bike yet so kind of new in that aspect.

Also, I know there are tons of other posts just like this one but I was too excited not to introduce myself to the Airborne crew!

Thanks for your order and WELCOME ABOARD!

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined the assembly is fairly straight forward. It's not exactly like the Sabre but pretty close. The same general stuff applies, with the one exception that the Goblin has hydro brakes which you would adjust differently than cable brakes.

With the help and info that is available from this forum, youtube, and us you should be just fine~!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the purchase!

Good info because I've never had hydros and my Guardian will arrive tomorrow.