Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

airborne ti hag

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  itsdoable 
#1 ·
Anyone own or ever ridden one.Or is it worth paying the extra for say a seven moots etc.

#2 ·
I have two Lucky Strike frames converted to singlespeed with ENO eccentric hubs. The frame is about the same as the ti hag. I really like the ride of the frame. I have been riding a 1998 frame since 2000 without any hint of a problem. I also have a 2002 frame that I use as a backup. Both have proven very reliable performers.

One word of caution:

If the seatstays and chainstays on the ti hag are the same as those on the LS, you might have a tight fit with fat rear tires. With the eccentric hub rotated forward, I can't run a tire bigger than a 2.1 WTB EpicWolf.

Joe

#3 ·
I have one from the first production run - and I still use it. I believe it has been discontinued since Airborne's parent Co. went belly up. It rides very nice, and has held up well. It's been a rigid and suspended SS, a Rohloff'ed bike, and is currently an off road fixie. It was never produced with disc mounts, if that is important to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.