orange617

Airborne Taka Linkage Rebuild

Anybody here have replaced their linkage bearings on the Taka? Im planning to do mine but havent got any luck finding info on them...thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'm sure someone might know on here. You can always remove them and measure the ID, OD, and width and take it to a bike shop. Also there is usually a "model number" on them too. You can even take the measurements to a hardware store, ie not a big box.

orange617
    Quote Originally Posted by RSDSav View Post
    I'm sure someone might know on here. You can always remove them and measure the ID, OD, and width and take it to a bike shop. Also there is usually a "model number" on them too. You can even take the measurements to a hardware store, ie not a big box.
    Thanks RSDSav...I was planning to order it before taking it apart, i would like to work on it only when the bearings have arrived instead of taking it apart and leaving the bike on the work stand....but if im not lucky enough to have info about the bearings...i might take it apart anyway...

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by orange617 View Post
    Thanks RSDSav...I was planning to order it before taking it apart, i would like to work on it only when the bearings have arrived instead of taking it apart and leaving the bike on the work stand....but if im not lucky enough to have info about the bearings...i might take it apart anyway...
    Take it partially apart to get the number off the bearing seal. You should be able yo take that number and google it to find places to buy.