mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Airborne Seeker sizing?

I'm ready to preorder I just want to double check the recommended sizing. I'm 5'11" with shoes on and I have a 30" inseam. Is an 18" frame what I should order?

Thanks! Looking forward to joining the flight crew!

mtbr member

Airborne Seeker sizing?

That seems correct but if you want to verify you can always contact Airborne at support@airbornebicycles.com or call 1-800-888-BIKE.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBrit84 View Post
    I'm ready to preorder I just want to double check the recommended sizing. I'm 5'11" with shoes on and I have a 30" inseam. Is an 18" frame what I should order?

Thanks! Looking forward to joining the flight crew!
    Provided that you don't have t-rex (short) arms, the 18 should be a good fit for you. You may need to play around with stem length/height to dial it in.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam and wondering the same thing. I ride a 18.5" Access Raptor 2.0 26" wheel and a 17.5" (size Medium) Specialized Hardrock Sport 29er (work bike) and I am not sure what I ride in Trek as I have been looking into Xcaliber 29er as well. I am leaning toward a 18.5 inch frame with them because of feel on a couple of short test rides. Airborne is new to me and I am wondering sizing as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sox45 View Post
    I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam and wondering the same thing. I ride a 18.5" Access Raptor 2.0 26" wheel and a 17.5" (size Medium) Specialized Hardrock Sport 29er (work bike) and I am not sure what I ride in Trek as I have been looking into Xcaliber 29er as well. I am leaning toward a 18.5 inch frame with them because of feel on a couple of short test rides. Airborne is new to me and I am wondering sizing as well.
    Guys, contact Airborne. The folks there will work with you to get you on the right sized bike and the right model.

Airborne has great customer support. Call them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I e-mailed them and they got back to me. Said with a 30" inseam (i'm short ) that the 16" frame would probably be best for me. Think they said a 16" frame has 27.5" stand over and the 18" has a 30" stand over. Sadly I think I have ruled Airborne out because it does not look like I can confidently add a good rear rack to the bike, from what I can tell these do not have lower eyelets (lots of options for lack of upper eyelets) to mount a rack. For my needs, whatever bike I get would need to be a back up for a work bike which means having a rack. The Seeker is a GREAT looking bike so I am bummed.

mtbr member

Airborne Seeker sizing?

Like this? Silver Goblin frame for reference:

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by sox45 View Post
    I e-mailed them and they got back to me. Said with a 30" inseam (i'm short ) that the 16" frame would probably be best for me. Think they said a 16" frame has 27.5" stand over and the 18" has a 30" stand over. Sadly I think I have ruled Airborne out because it does not look like I can confidently add a good rear rack to the bike, from what I can tell these do not have lower eyelets (lots of options for lack of upper eyelets) to mount a rack. For my needs, whatever bike I get would need to be a back up for a work bike which means having a rack. The Seeker is a GREAT looking bike so I am bummed.
    Like I've stated in the other thread that's currently running on here regarding adding racks, it's very possible and I've done it now on several police bikes for a local department.

Rack eyelets are becoming less and less common nowadays on dedicated XC mtb models. You will generally see them on lower end mtb's as an afterthought or it just happens to be part of the drop-outs they use, but as bikes go up on pricepoint it starts to drop-off.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.