Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: airborne sabre

mtbr member

airborne sabre

Thinking of an entry level bike for the wife. Just curious if anybody has had any experience with the airborne sabre? Thanks for any input in regards to quality and sizing.

Airborne Bicycles. Sabre

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    has anyone experiences or any thoughts the sabre? im thinking about getting one for my brother

mtbr member
    I talked a coworker into buying one, and I will be putting it together for her. I plan on trying it out first though!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    cool, let me know how it goes, im planning to get one next week

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Does anybody (BigDaddy) know what the stand over height is for the 15" Sabre, I'm thinking about getting one for my gf.
    I tried googling but, didnt have any luck.

Airborne Product Dude
    We don't publish stand-over heights like a lot of other manufacturers as it isn't the most important component of fit. But, on the 15" Sabre it is around 29 inches.
    Airborne Dude.

MTB Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We don't publish stand-over heights like a lot of other manufacturers as it isn't the most important component of fit. But, on the 15" Sabre it is around 29 inches.
    I had the same question a couple weeks back. I emailed Airborne and called support to make sure I got the size right. Both times, I was told the 15" Sabre has a stand-over height of 27 inches.

Also, I realize stand-over is not the most important component of fit. But seeing as how Airborne is an internet-only company with no demo bikes or shops, it would certainly be easier if ALL measurements of the bikes were published.
    Nathan

Airborne Product Dude
    Yeah my bad, for some reason I was thinking 17 and not 15. 27 is correct, sorry!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the response, and stand over height isn't the deciding factor for me personally. But for my 4'11" and 26" inseam lady friend its kind of important. She rides one of my old bikes, with similar geometry to the Sabre because its comfortable to her while moving, but the top tube is an issues, when we come to stop, and start up again, or when she tries to get on and off the bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    i just place a order for the sabre, i cant wait till it get here. Anybody know where the bikes are shipped from?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by dizwikedcbr View Post
    i just place a order for the sabre, i cant wait till it get here. Anybody know where the bikes are shipped from?
    Thanks! We ship bikes out of our warehouse in Carson, CA (located near Long Beach). We normally ship bikes out within 2 working days of receipt of an order except during times of peak volume. Last week was a huge shipping week for us so we ran later than hoped on a few orders but this week we are fairly caught up.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Thanks! We ship bikes out of our warehouse in Carson, CA (located near Long Beach). We normally ship bikes out within 2 working days of receipt of an order except during times of peak volume. Last week was a huge shipping week for us so we ran later than hoped on a few orders but this week we are fairly caught up.

Jeremy
    awesome, im also located in California, so it shouldn't it been that long to have the bike delivered to my home my home

mtbr member
    cool, let me know how it goes, im planning to get one next week
    Here is a write up on the Sabre from my short time with it, I am thinking it would be solid for my wife!
    Just Riding Along… Airborne Sabre build. « Bikes, Beer, and Birds… In No Particular Order.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryeti View Post
    Here is a write up on the Sabre from my short time with it, I am thinking it would be solid for my wife!
    Just Riding Along… Airborne Sabre build. « Bikes, Beer, and Birds… In No Particular Order.
    awesome write up, how the weight of the bike? cant wait till i received my sabre
    Last edited by dizwikedcbr; 09-19-2012 at 08:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    purchased the sabre late monday night, it was shipped on tuesday and it was delivery on thursday night. planning to assemble the bike on friday

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    purchased the sabre late monday night, it was shipped on tuesday and it was delivery on thursday night. planning to assemble the bike on friday
    Send pictures when you are done building!!!

mtbr member
    awesome write up, how the weight of the bike? cant wait till i received my sabre
    I didn't weigh it, it's not lightweight by any means, but it's not unbearably heavy. It's probably spot on for an entry level hard tail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    when the box arrived, it didnt look beat up at all, it looks like it been handle nicely. However after working at UPS, ive seen how packages are handle but the bike was package really good where it cant be scratch or damage. The bike came about 85% assemble, had to install the handle bars, front wheel, seat post, stem, and little tuning the brakes and derailleurs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails airborne sabre-20120921_121602.jpg  

airborne sabre-20120921_121621.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Phat!!!

Happy new bike day!!!

mtbr member
    OP, did you end up getting this for your wife? my girlfriend is interested in mountain biking as well and I am considering getting this for her as an entry level bike. Nothing too technical, but she would be doing some beginner level trails without too many climbs.

She's 5ft 2in (not too sure about her inseam), but I'm afraid the 15" frame could potentially be too big for her? She actually got on my 16" guardian and was able to ride it but had a little difficulty getting off unless she slanted my bike a little bit.

Hopefully the 15" sabre could be a potential bike for her since Airborne has it back in stock now!

Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Dec 2005
    Standover heights need to be published.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    when the box arrived, it didnt look beat up at all, it looks like it been handle nicely. However after working at UPS, ive seen how packages are handle but the bike was package really good where it cant be scratch or damage. The bike came about 85% assemble, had to install the handle bars, front wheel, seat post, stem, and little tuning the brakes and derailleurs.
    Nice bike, dizwikedcbr! What pedals did you go with?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffix View Post
    Nice bike, dizwikedcbr! What pedals did you go with?
    i just had some spare diamondback alloy pedals on them, eventually im planning upgrade to better pedals

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Does this bike come with double wall rims ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Mind if I ask how heavy is the bike?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast