Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Airborne HobGoblin?

Hey Everyone,

Finally I can post a new thread since losing my complete "newbie" status!

Just curious, I've been in the market for a new 29" mountain bike for awhile. I was originally drawn to the Airborne Goblin based on the value proposition. However, since I currently ride a full suspension bike (albeit ANCIENT at ~12 years old), I've decided I want to spend the $ on a full suspension bike.

I recently learned of the upcoming HobGoblin and it intrigues me. I guess it is going to start off at ~$1700 with X7 components. That seems to be a great value.

I've searched these forums and I'm surprised at how little info I've been able to dig up. I *think* the HobGoblin is supposed to arrive sometime in September.

Anyone else out there have any info for us anxiously waiting?

Pete

Airborne Product Dude
    Due to component supply issues we are forced to push the HobGoblin availability back to October. Soon we will have the HobGoblin webpage up with info, photos, and a pre-order offer. Sorry about the delay!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Is there a time frame for a web page on the additional 7000 series tube bike(s) you have mentioned.

Airborne Product Dude
    The HobGoblin (4" travel XC 92er) and the Toxin (7" travel FR/Park bike) are the two newest models that use 7000 series tubing, Both of them are due for October delivery.

We are also doing XO and Frame-only version of the HobGoblin and Goblin bikes, and a frame-only of the Toxin. All are for October delivery so look for a webpage for all of that soon!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    BigDaddyFlyer- much appreciate the update! Looking forward to hearing more about this model soon!

Pete

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    The HobGoblin (4" travel XC 92er) and the Toxin (7" travel FR/Park bike) are the two newest models that use 7000 series tubing, Both of them are due for October delivery.

We are also doing XO and Frame-only version of the HobGoblin and Goblin bikes, and a frame-only of the Toxin. All are for October delivery so look for a webpage for all of that soon!
    What is the difference with the 7000 series tubing?

mtbr member
    Very cool to hear about these new 4" and 7" travel options. Can't wait to see the catalog pages.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty interested in the Hobgoblin as my first FS bike. There's a different model I have my sights set on, but I won't get it until October if I order now. Either way, it'll be a month wait for me to get one or the other. Argh. Decisions.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am intrigued!

mtbr member

Holy crap!!! A 92er!!! That'll roll over ANYTHING!! Woohoo!

But it probably handles like a truck.... lol
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Holy crap!!! A 92er!!! That'll roll over ANYTHING!! Woohoo!
    LOL.

Damn Lysdexia!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    So I did a quick search on the 7000 aluminum...apparently it is stronger than 6061 and thus you can make lighter frames with it!

Missouri sucks...
    Jun 2009

Looks somewhat like the Commencal and Mondraker suspension design. Always been curious how that setup rides.

MTB Fanatic
    Yeah, I was wondering when this would come up. I love the look of that bike, but have never been able to really test ride a FS out on the trail where it counts. I can't wait to see the options.

Hey Airborne, how about a demo tour to Iowa....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Big daddy,

any word on geometry for the hobgoblin? I am looking for more of a trail/am bike.. i am waiting patiently to send my money to airborne..

any word on price for just frame/shock?

maybe post more pics?

im super eager to get one of these..

mtbr member
    Hmm, yeah, a solid X7 FS bike starting at $1700? Tell me, what maner of brakes are on this bike. I'd love to see a full set of specs + geometry for it.

MTB B'dos
    Thing is, looking at that setup I'd have to guess they're not going to be able to achieve anything close to short stays, i.e. 17.75" or under

Quote Originally Posted by DFYFZX View Post

Looks somewhat like the Commencal and Mondraker suspension design. Always been curious how that setup rides.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    X7 with anything other that Avid brakes would be great.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Surprised there are no other updates on this HobGobin... Would really like to get more information on availability dates, costs, etc...

Airborne...you gotta love social media...use it to ramp up your pre-orders by disseminating more info please!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    bueller? hellllloooooo???? any more info on the hobgoblin?

Airborne Product Dude
    Trust me if I could tell you (err........were allowed to tell you) more I would! Due to a couple supply issues running this close to production there are a few things about the spec, and therefor final price, that we can't put out yet in "print" because it may change. Its frustrating to wait...........

In general the industry is hurting from supply issues because no one was prepared for the uptake in sales this past year. Many manufacturers and suppliers have been caught with their pants down. Whether it was due to mostly good riding weather in most of the US, people thinking there is an upturn in the economy, Generation X finding out its getting fat and needs to excercise, who knows?

All I know is that it has made my life difficult as a product manager scrambling to find parts and make substitutions that dont change the origina price/design/function/timing parameters......

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Trust me if I could tell you (err........were allowed to tell you) more I would! Due to a couple supply issues running this close to production there are a few things about the spec, and therefor final price, that we can't put out yet in "print" because it may change. Its frustrating to wait...........

In general the industry is hurting from supply issues because no one was prepared for the uptake in sales this past year. Many manufacturers and suppliers have been caught with their pants down. Whether it was due to mostly good riding weather in most of the US, people thinking there is an upturn in the economy, Generation X finding out its getting fat and needs to excercise, who knows?

All I know is that it has made my life difficult as a product manager scrambling to find parts and make substitutions that dont change the origina price/design/function/timing parameters......

Jeremy
    Jeremy,

I appreciate the honesty and info. Can you say approximate ETA on when this model will be released for sale? I.e. should I tell my wife this is what I want for Xmas?

Thanks,
    Pete

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovespicyfood View Post
    Jeremy,

I appreciate the honesty and info. Can you say approximate ETA on when this model will be released for sale? I.e. should I tell my wife this is what I want for Xmas?

Thanks,
    Pete
    Hey Pete, you're welcome! We are shooting for production in mid-October and the bikes will be in the warehouse end of October or beginning of November.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Jeremy, i understand about keeping a lid on the final build, but i assume geometry is already final? can we know about that? I'm not trying to be a weeny, but my farthest concern is components.. i am looking for frame details to see if this is my next bike... I am ready to pre order on launch day, provided the geo suits me.. any way to get on a mailing list for the info when it is available?

im soooooo ready to get one of these!!! i want 1,221,313 more pictures!!!!

evan @401carpenter.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Any updates available on the HobGoblin? More pic's, rumors, lies, anything?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast