Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by toddre View Post
    Hey J, what's the build on that sucker? How do you like the wheels?
    Hey Todd,

Here it is off the top of my head.......

X7 2x10 shifters, crank (38/24), RD, chain, cassette
    X9 FD
    Elixir R brakes with 180 front and 160 rear rotors
    Reba RL SOLO AIR tapered for 15mm thru axle
    FSA SLK carbon bars and FSA SLK stem
    Lizard Skin lock-on grips
    Thomson 410 post
    Selle Italia Flite Gel saddle
    Cole 29er Lite wheelset
    SB8's

I really like the Cole wheelset. It's not the lightest, but its super stiff due to the spoke/hub interface that allows the spokes to be at high tension. It's been a super reliable wheelset. I think that I like them as much as my CrossMax 29 wheelset, which says a lot about them.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Jeremy, thanks for the help. A 19" it is then.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Can you tell us what wheel set will be shipping on the XO Hobgoblin?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    Can you tell us what wheel set will be shipping on the XO Hobgoblin?
    Certainly. They are the Black Flag Pro's.

Black Flag Pro | SUNRinglé
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sweet! Can't wait for pricing and full specs.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just pulled the trigger on a HG. Look forward to it's arrival.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just received notice the bike shipped and is supposed to arrive on Friday. I'm gone for the weekend so hope to have pics up Monday or Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i can't wait to see pics

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You mentioned the shock is going to be single air when the dual airs are gone. By chance will this change include a through axle?

MTB B'dos
    Curious what other bikes you've owned and ridden in the past? Definitely start a thread with pics and a full report on the build quality and how it rides. I'm very curious on these, especially for the price and what you get for your $$, but honestly the suspension design isn't familiar to me and not much info on it and how it rides.

Quote Originally Posted by mbakes View Post
    Just received notice the bike shipped and is supposed to arrive on Friday. I'm gone for the weekend so hope to have pics up Monday or Tuesday.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have not been on a mountain bike in more than 10 years and perhaps longer. I've been road riding for the last 8 months. I still have my steel Barracuda ht with XT and a Specialized branded, carbon tube Rock Shock (which is shot). This is my first full suspension bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Curious what other bikes you've owned and ridden in the past? Definitely start a thread with pics and a full report on the build quality and how it rides. I'm very curious on these, especially for the price and what you get for your $$, but honestly the suspension design isn't familiar to me and not much info on it and how it rides.
    The Fezzari Hidden Peak appears to use the same suspension design. You may have better luck finding ride/design impressions on it as it has been out a while.

MTB B'dos
    Actually it's the exact same design, from the same factory, only Airborne "tweaked" the geo a bit. So yeah kow about the Fezzari, but there pricing as consumer direct is quite above Airborne's, not much info out there on them still though.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEJCE View Post
    The Fezzari Hidden Peak appears to use the same suspension design. You may have better luck finding ride/design impressions on it as it has been out a while.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by ScabFace View Post
    You mentioned the shock is going to be single air when the dual airs are gone. By chance will this change include a through axle?
    The thru-axle adds cost and will not be on this level HobGoblin.

The XO version coming out soon (promise!) will have a Maxle.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    Actually it's the exact same design, from the same factory, only Airborne "tweaked" the geo a bit. So yeah kow about the Fezzari, but there pricing as consumer direct is quite above Airborne's, not much info out there on them still though.
    There have been a few other meaningful tweaks done that differentiate it, including the seat-tube design and rocker arm connection on it, as well as a beefier lower rocker arm.

The ride is somewhat similar in feel to the Maestro design.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Jeremy,

Is it possible to convert the hub on the front wheel to accept a Maxle? As in, are there adapters for it or would the wheel need to be changed entirely if the fork was swapped out to a Maxle version?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikr94 View Post
    Jeremy,

Is it possible to convert the hub on the front wheel to accept a Maxle? As in, are there adapters for it or would the wheel need to be changed entirely if the fork was swapped out to a Maxle version?
    There's no way to convert the hub to 15mm thru-axle.

Most hubs are either 9mm QR or 15mm Maxle, but not capable of both. There are some hubs on complete wheelsets that are like this, for example the CrossMax and Black Flags are convertible.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey guys...first post here from the frozen (and snowed-in) North....

Mtnbikr94 was asking about a conversion. I was doing the same about my (awesome) new Goblin at my LBS. They said that you can gain "much of the advantage" by converting to a decent quality old fashioned bolt in axle. They said that the inconvenience is counterbalanced by the better steering acuity.

Is this true? If so....how true?

MTB B'dos
    BD, can you expand any further on that comment? I've owned and ridden Maestro, CVA and now KS Link, all mini link designs and I like how they ride and especially climb, very efficient. I'd love to be able to throw a leg over one of these so I could confidently recommend to local riders as we have quite a few guys getting into MTB who aren't too young and wishing for a FS, and this would I thin just suit them both in ride and $$.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    There have been a few other meaningful tweaks done that differentiate it, including the seat-tube design and rocker arm connection on it, as well as a beefier lower rocker arm.

The ride is somewhat similar in feel to the Maestro design.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Airborne Product Dude
    BD, can you expand any further on that comment? I've owned and ridden Maestro, CVA and now KS Link, all mini link designs and I like how they ride and especially climb, very efficient. I'd love to be able to throw a leg over one of these so I could confidently recommend to local riders as we have quite a few guys getting into MTB who aren't too young and wishing for a FS, and this would I thin just suit them both in ride and $$.
    Sure, the design is somewhat similar to the Maestro (with the exception of the lower link and how it actuates). In terms of ride quality the two feel very close. Out of all of the suspensions I've ridden over the years it feels the closest to that, followed closely by an older DW Link bike I used to have. It climbs great, even out of the saddle. Braking seems to have little to no affect on it.

It may be a placebo effect, but I feel that it corners better than my hardtail..........it just seems to grab and go. I've been a die-hard hardtail rider (for XC riding) for many years, and this bike is the one that seems to have changed my perception.

Can you tell I'm excited about it? I'm trying hard to not sound like a fan-boy or a marketing guy but I've been having a lot of fun this year riding and working on it.........

Airborne Dude.

NeedGod.com
    Dammit, you're making me want one.

I'll just keep saying my mantra *I already have a great bike, I already have a great bike.*
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Certainly. They are the Black Flag Pro's.

Black Flag Pro | SUNRinglé
    Will the 20mm, and 9mm adapters be included like they are with the retail wheel sets, or will it include only the 15mm adapters for the included fork?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry, double post, website weirdness....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    So, has anyone received their HobGoblin yet and had a chance to get out and ride? I haven't had a chance to ride a Maestro suspended bike yet but have seriously considered a Giant Anthem as my next bike. To hear that the Airborne is similar makes me want to hear thoughts from those that have experienced both. C'mon, post up. There has to be someone out there...

Keith

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Mine arrived but my mechanic is setting up for me since I am out of town for the weekend. I should have it on Monday. Will try to get out at the end of the day if its still light.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast