Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude
    The HobGoblin frameset ordering/info page is up an running now if you want to check it out..........

Airborne Bicycles. HobGoblin Frameset

Here's a pic of my personal HobGoblin from my Thanksgiving morning ride yesterday. Pardon the crappy homemade chainstay guard and little bits of black tape protecting it from cable rub. My new chainstay guard and clear protector decals arrive today so it look prettier soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airborne HobGoblin?-hg-jb.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    This bike looks great Jeremy! Just hoping the wife will let me pick up a present for myself for Christmas I have been wanting to make the jump into the 29er world, so thank you for making it an affordable jump! Great Work!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Really like the way this turned out. I'm hoping for an end of the year purchase. There is a serious amount of value packed into this package. Looking forward to seeing the XO price but more likely to stick with the X7 with a custom Ti DeSalvo road bike on order.

mtbr member
    Jeremy I'm 6'4 and 185. I currently ride an entry level specialized hardrock and have no complaints other than components. How will this fit me and whats the warranty/return policy like? Looking to pick this up for next years race season. This was my first year riding and only rode during the summer. Was planning on a new hard tail at this price because other full suspension would require more dough for these components. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    what size is your hardrock?

mtbr member
    Xl so I assume that's 21inch. The frame fits me good but it's also the first mountain bike I've owned since I was younger. Plus since bought at one of my lbs it was set up to my height.

MTB B'dos
    Anymore shots to show tyre clearance on this frame? Quite interested still despite, but need to know I can at least run a tyre that has some volume like a Maxxis Ikon 2.2" as a minimum, WITH room if there's mud.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatt28 View Post
    Xl so I assume that's 21inch. The frame fits me good but it's also the first mountain bike I've owned since I was younger. Plus since bought at one of my lbs it was set up to my height.
    You'd probably fit just perfect on the 21inch HobGoblin. Check the geo details on the website and compare them to your Specialized, but I think they should be very close.

We have a 30day satisfaction warranty so you should be able to buy with confidence. If you want to be certain before you purchase, give us a ring and talk to us about sizing to ensure it is good.....

Anymore shots to show tyre clearance on this frame? Quite interested still despite, but need to know I can at least run a tyre that has some volume like a Maxxis Ikon 2.2" as a minimum, WITH room if there's mud.
    Below is a shot I just took of the underside of my personal orange one with a 2.1 SB8 on it. There is pleny of room for 2.2's plus mud. I'll be putting a set of 2.2 AKA's on it later this week and can take another shot if you would like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airborne HobGoblin?-hg-clearance.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

MTB B'dos
    Thanks for the shot - just to confirm, that's the chainstays in the pic right?. Never seen nor ran an SB8, do you have measurements on it? If it's like it's 26" brother then it should be just about as wide as a 2.1" Crossmark, maybe a tad narrower. Did you guys ever weigh any of the frames? Real curious as to weight, as this would be an XC setup for me and would be looking for a frame under 7.5lbs including shock.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    May 2012
    From the website: Average weight for a 17" frameset including shock is 7.1lbs.

MTB B'dos
    Guess I missed that, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbakes View Post
    From the website: Average weight for a 17" frameset including shock is 7.1lbs.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Thanks for the shot - just to confirm, that's the chainstays in the pic right?. Never seen nor ran an SB8, do you have measurements on it? If it's like it's 26" brother then it should be just about as wide as a 2.1" Crossmark, maybe a tad narrower. Did you guys ever weigh any of the frames? Real curious as to weight, as this would be an XC setup for me and would be looking for a frame under 7.5lbs including shock.
    The rear tire (inflated to 36 psi) on mine measures 2.104 inches, with the opening in the frame measuring 2.81 inches. That is the underside of the chainstay, and the seatstay has the same exact clearance amount.

The 17" frame with shock weighs on average 7.1lbs.
    Last edited by BigDaddyFlyer; 11-26-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Darn fingers!
    Airborne Dude.

NeedGod.com
    I'm betting you mean 7.1 lbs, not 17.1 lbs.
    Nathan

Airborne Product Dude
    Doh.
    Airborne Dude.

MTB B'dos
    Man I want one of these to test. The price point if it pedals as well as claimed would mean I could probably sell/recommend these to loads of people and would make good tour/rental bikes for my little venture I'm trying to build. Looked around and there's nothing close to this in terms of $$ for spec. Curious though about why no Elixir7s like the Goblin, as when I do the math on the Goblin price, subtract the Goblin frame only price and add the HobGoblin price it only comes to $80 more My only concern with the frame is the PF30 BB, not so bothered on these new press fit BBs, seen quite a few give trouble.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    My only concern with the frame is the PF30 BB, not so bothered on these new press fit BBs, seen quite a few give trouble.
    The PF30 is pretty bullet-proof and is nice because it works with regular GXP cranks. It offers a larger/wider area to weld to which is critical in a lot of dual-suspension designs like this one.

I was leary of the standard when it first came out, but after spending a lot of time with it and also using it on my HG test bike over the last 7ish months I like it a lot. Easy to install, worry free, and creak-free. I like it better than BB30, but that's just my personal opinion.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Wow that orange is pretty sweet looking.... Hmmmmm....
    I may have to change my plans for next season... great job as always!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looks like I waited too long to pull the trigger. I went to add a HG into my cart and it said out of stock. Now the wait for the XO and hoping I have the cash.

mtbr member
    Is there any relation between this bike and the Fezzari Hidden Peak? I ran across a pic of the Fezzari from an old MBA magazine and they look to have the same rocker/shock placement and the front triangle looks similar as well. Just curious.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It looks like the reason for the out of stock message for the HG is that the bikes are stuck on a ship due to the dock strike. There is a FB post saying Airborne will not take anymore preorders until they know when they will be able to ship the bikes. I just edited my post to add the new message that bikes are going to be available. Here is the new FB message:

Great news! We just found out that while the dockworkers strike is still on, we were able to get the vessel into a top-secret black-ops pier so that we can get the HobGoblins into the warehouse. They should be arriving in the warehouse the week of December 10th (next week). We will be shipping them out to customers sometime over the course of the week after that (10th thru the 17th).

WE ARE RUNNING OUR PRE-ORDER SPECIAL !: Order your HobGoblin now thru December 9th and get free shipping, a $75 savings on bikes and a $25 savings on frames! We will be charging shipping on all orders placed after that date. Thanks!
    Last edited by mbakes; 12-03-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Airborne Product Dude
    Things change quickly sometimes, and this time it was for the good~!

We just posted this up and updated our website as well......

Great news! We just found out that while the dockworkers strike is still on, we were able to get the vessel into a top-secret black-ops pier so that we can get the HobGoblins into the warehouse. They should be arriving in the warehouse the week of December 10th (next week). We will be shipping them out to customers sometime over the course of the week after that (10th thru the 17th).

WE ARE RUNNING OUR PRE-ORDER SPECIAL!: Order your HobGoblin now thru December 9th and get free shipping, a $75 savings on bikes and a $25 savings on frames! We will be charging shipping on all orders placed after that date. Thanks!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I just edited my earlier post with your new FB post but you beat me to it. Great news.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    On a side note, I just got off the phone with Eric and I have to say, he was extremely helpful and I think might have spent another half hour on the phone with me if the extra time was needed. Very enthusiastic about the bike, as well.

Jeremy, your name came up regarding fit. I am trying to decide between a 19" and 21". My legs are long and torso short. I ride a custom road bike with a 54 cm tt, 58 cm ctc/60 ctt st and 195 mm ht. My inseam is about 36" and I am 6'2". Eric thought a 19" with a 410 Thompson sp maybe the way to go. Any thoughts? I hope it's okay to post in this thread.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mbakes View Post
    On a side note, I just got off the phone with Eric and I have to say, he was extremely helpful and I think might have spent another half hour on the phone with me if the extra time was needed. Very enthusiastic about the bike, as well.

Jeremy, your name came up regarding fit. I am trying to decide between a 19" and 21". My legs are long and torso short. I ride a custom road bike with a 54 cm tt, 58 cm ctc/60 ctt st and 195 mm ht. My inseam is about 36" and I am 6'2". Eric thought a 19" with a 410 Thompson sp maybe the way to go. Any thoughts? I hope it's okay to post in this thread.
    Awesome! We both love the HG probably more than we thought we would since we are both old-school hardtail guys.

Yeah I think the 21 might be too long for you based on your measurements and your road bike. I think the 19 with a longer 410mm post should be a perfect fit....

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post

Here's a pic of my personal HobGoblin from my Thanksgiving morning ride yesterday. Pardon the crappy homemade chainstay guard and little bits of black tape protecting it from cable rub. My new chainstay guard and clear protector decals arrive today so it look prettier soon!
    Hey J, what's the build on that sucker? How do you like the wheels?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast