Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude
    Yeah sorry for the delay, I had the best intentions but was hampered by a delay related to the photos. Anyway, its all done and up! Thanks!

Airborne Bicycles. HobGoblin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airborne HobGoblin?-hobgoblin_clipped.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Looks great. How do you lockout the rear shock? Any options for a handlebar mounted way to
    Lock it out?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    Looks great. How do you lockout the rear shock? Any options for a handlebar mounted way to
    Lock it out?
    The lever on the shock flips up to lock it.

Rockshox offers a version of the shock that has a remote but I don't think its a simple matter of fitting it to it.

Thanks~
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    BDF: seriously love how active you are on these forums! Seriously makes me love Airborne!

Question. I am ~5'11" with a 32" inseam, would the 19" HobGoblin be the size for me?

Thank you,
    Pete

mtbr member
    the real question is. do I buy the frame when it's available and put my guardian's parts on it! would that be too mean for my hardtail?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovespicyfood View Post
    BDF: seriously love how active you are on these forums! Seriously makes me love Airborne!

Question. I am ~5'11" with a 32" inseam, would the 19" HobGoblin be the size for me?

Thank you,
    Pete
    Thanks Pete!

Yep, the 19 would be perfect for you. It has a 30" standover and based on your two measurements I would assume you are fairly normal-proportioned.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by swl7 View Post
    the real question is. do I buy the frame when it's available and put my guardian's parts on it! would that be too mean for my hardtail?

Hmmm......

Your Guardian's hurt feelings aside, I think financially it would make more sense to buy a complete HobGoblin. Here are the parts that won't transfer over from your Guardian:

Cranks and BB
    Headset
    Fork
    Front Deraileur

By the time you bought new ones of those, you would have been better off selling the Guardian and rolling that cash into the complete HobGoblin............plus you would end up with better brakes, shifters, cranks, fork, etc.

Of course if you are stuck on the awesome orange color the new framesets are, well then I can't change your mind! I'm building up one of the orange ones for myself when they come it, they looked hawt in person...........

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    When will we get pricing info on the frame? Rear shock 6.5x1.5??

If I upgrade my zeppelin shock over winter I'd love to just transfer my shock once it's ready to go.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    When will we get pricing info on the frame? Rear shock 6.5x1.5??

If I upgrade my zeppelin shock over winter I'd love to just transfer my shock once it's ready to go.
    We'll officially release pricing and more info on the frame only soon, but unofficially it will probably be just under $900. That includes a Monarch RL shock with lock-out and headset.

Shock specs are 165mm eye to eye x 38mm stroke.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    BDF: thanks for the sizing info!

Will the XO model be announced and ship before Xmas?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovespicyfood View Post
    BDF: thanks for the sizing info!

Will the XO model be announced and ship before Xmas?
    You're welcome!

Both the Goblin XO and HobGoblin XO were planned to be produced the same time the HobGoblins were made, however we had an issue with waiting on 2 key parts. So instead, they will be running down the production line the week of December 10th. We'll be releasing info and photos on them shortly afterwards. Look for them to be in the warehouse shipping out to customers by mid-January.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    I meant to mention this earlier................

Like the black Goblin, we managed to secure some of the last of the Dual Air Reba RL forks for this first production run of the new HobGoblin. Subsequent production runs will come with the Single Air version of the Reba RL as RockShox is moving to the Single Air platform on the Rebas going forward (for the same $$).

So if you want a Dual Air, order your HobGoblin in the next month or two. After that, it and the black Goblin will be coming with the Single Air forks.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Weight

Jeremy, I know bike makers don't want to post weights.

But, seriously, how much does the 17" Hobgoblin weigh?

Is it under 30?

mtbr member
    Jeremy,
    You may have just swayed me away from all my other options for FS 29ers! The Hobgoblin looks great, and the blue is phenomenal.

Question: Can you describe the leverage ratio and rate for the rear suspension? I'm wondering how it compares to all the other bikes I'm considering... Being a heavier guy, I also need to make sure that I'm not going to be near the limit for shock pressure.

Oh, and the XO version better be above $4k or I'm going to get in trouble with the wife! She'll like the X7 price, but I don't think I can convince her to let me spend more than $3k on a bike right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Jeremy, I know bike makers don't want to post weights.

But, seriously, how much does the 17" Hobgoblin weigh?

Is it under 30?
    Website says avg. weight for 17" was 30.4lbs.
    Last edited by dnlwthrn; 11-14-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added actual weight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post
    Website says avg. weight for 17" was 30.4lbs.
    Where did you find weight info on the website??

mtbr member
    Go to the geometry tab, and then scroll all the way down.

mtbr member
    Gotcha. Thank you sir

Airborne Product Dude
    Jeremy,
    You may have just swayed me away from all my other options for FS 29ers! The Hobgoblin looks great, and the blue is phenomenal.

Question: Can you describe the leverage ratio and rate for the rear suspension? I'm wondering how it compares to all the other bikes I'm considering... Being a heavier guy, I also need to make sure that I'm not going to be near the limit for shock pressure.

Oh, and the XO version better be above $4k or I'm going to get in trouble with the wife! She'll like the X7 price, but I don't think I can convince her to let me spend more than $3k on a bike right now.
    Rear leverage ratio is 2.65 to 1. Shock travel is 38mm. I believe the max pressure on the shock is 300lbs.

Sorry for the bad news, but the XO is gonna be well below $4K.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    So I should hold off preordering the HobGoblin at this point? When do you expect to have the XO version up on the website?

Never mind, I just saw your "mid-January" comment in a previous post...

Airborne Product Dude
    So I should hold off preordering the HobGoblin at this point? When do you expect to have the XO version up on the website?

Never mind, I just saw your "mid-January" comment in a previous post...
    No worries. Look for the XO page to be done and taking orders in mid-to-late December. We'll run the free freight promo deal on that one for pre-orders.

Thanks!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    One more question while I'm at it... Any issues swapping the fork to 120mm?

Airborne Product Dude
    One more question while I'm at it... Any issues swapping the fork to 120mm?
    The frame is designed around an ATC measurement related to a 100mm travel fork. If you go 120mm on it, it will slacken the HT and ST angles and raise the BB.

"Officially", we wouldn't recommend that you increase the travel to 120 as it does put additional leverage force on the HT junction area. In the real world, would it be OK? Probably.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    On the frame only version of the HobGoblin. Is white the only color that the shock comes in? It looks very out of place with the rest of the bike. A black body shock would make a world of difference.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
    On the frame only version of the HobGoblin. Is white the only color that the shock comes in? It looks very out of place with the rest of the bike. A black body shock would make a world of difference.
    There are no color options on the shock, it's white only. We think the white looks good!
    Airborne Dude.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast