Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    I like the big logo. In fact, bigger by a factor of 2 or 3 would be nice... wrap right around the tube. All subjective, yes? Objectively, you can't get more bike for the money. Now if it just came in a 650B...
    Actually, wouldn't 650B be LESS bike for the money? Sorry - had to!

I do think it would be sorta cool to wrap the logo all the way around.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    650/29=22.4.... Nope. 650 is 22.4 times more. It's all math, you know. Like how a wheel 25mm bigger in diameter than a 26 is called a 27.5. Huh? Anyway, If I could talk myself into a 29er, Airborne would sell another bike. I like their products and I like their attitude.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Ahhh, I see - "math".

Airborne is great people and great ideas, I'm anxious to see them grow.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    Anyway, If I could talk myself into a 29er, Airborne would sell another bike. I like their products and I like their attitude.
    To be fair Tyrebyter sold me on 2 Airbornes, soon to be three. When Airborne gets their 27.5 bike done they should give him a discount as commission. Any news on the 27.5 BDF?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I think I am sold on the hobgoblin frame kit, its a sweet frame, colour is not my cup of tea but you can't please everyone, nothing a stripping and powdercoating cant fix.
    One question though, is the warranty good in Canada?
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    To be fair Tyrebyter sold me on 2 Airbornes, soon to be three. When Airborne gets their 27.5 bike done they should give him a discount as commission. Any news on the 27.5 BDF?

No news on 650B at the moment, sorry!

I think I am sold on the hobgoblin frame kit, its a sweet frame, colour is not my cup of tea but you can't please everyone, nothing a stripping and powdercoating cant fix.
    One question though, is the warranty good in Canada?
    Awesome! Yep, warranty is good in Canada also.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    one more question I see the BB is press fit 30, with a BB92 pressfit still work in the opening? I just bought new cranks raceface turbine X type and the matching pressfit BB92 BB. There are so many BB now its really confusing.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    I believe the 92 is too wide. You mostly see bb92 on carbon bikes. I could be wrong...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    From what I see most 29ers with press fit use BB92, Giant, Rocky Mountian, and a host of others. My giant is BB92 and its aluminum. A 68-73 thread in is the same width as a pressfit. My older cranks are RF Ride in a threaded BB 68-73 and they fit perfectly in my BB92 pressfit and the Shimano cranks that came in the Giant fit the RF threaded BB perfectly 24 MM spindle. So many different names for the same **** is crazy.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

Airborne Product Dude
    BB92 will work as the frame has 41mm opening with an actual measured BB shell width of 89.2. There is a little internal sleeve overlap of the BB when assembled into the frame.

Just be certain you buy the "mtb" bb and not the "road" bb that is actually 86mm wide. SRAM's "Pressfit GXP Mtb" bottom bracket fits perfect and that's what we use.
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    I looked up the SRAM part# if this helps:

"00.6415.033.020 AM BB PRESSFIT GXP MTB BB92"

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    perfect the BB I have is the race face BB92/X type so I should be golden, thanks for your time. It does mean allot when companies actually take time to talk with the owners and soon to be owners of their product. The more I look at the bike online the more that colour is growing on me, not sure how all my red hope stuff will clash with the orange though. Oh I did have one last question, what is the biggest middle ring I can run with clearance, currently have 24x36 setup with bash.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I was about to ask what standard was the BB thanks for reply Big Daddy

also is there any chance you might come out with Hobglobin XT???

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    perfect the BB I have is the race face BB92/X type so I should be golden, thanks for your time. It does mean allot when companies actually take time to talk with the owners and soon to be owners of their product.
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad to know that what we do makes a difference.

The more I look at the bike online the more that colour is growing on me, not sure how all my red hope stuff will clash with the orange though.
    If you didn't notice, the bearing caps on the frame are all anno red and they look great with the orange. That should also help pull in the red from your Hope parts.

Oh I did have one last question, what is the biggest middle ring I can run with clearance, currently have 24x36 setup with bash.
    OK, this is going to be a somewhat subjective answer.

The frame was really built around using a 2x10 set-up, and that's what we use on our production bikes. We've never installed a triple in one.

That being said, in our frame drawings it looks like there is enough space for a 24/32/44 triple set-up. I can't guarantee without a shadow of doubt that your 36 is going to fit OK. The 38 on our 2x10 system fits just fine with plenty of clearance, but that is further outboard than what your 36 would be. I don't know what the difference in chainline is between where the middle ring on a triple is compared to the outer ring on a double. I'm guessing that if your 36 is 5mm or less inboard than the outer ring on our double, you'd be fine. Much more than that..........I'm not certain.

So you'd have to try it to see if it fits. I wish I had a better answer than that but hopefully that helps a little bit......

I was about to ask what standard was the BB thanks for reply Big Daddy

also is there any chance you might come out with Hobglobin XT???
    You're welcome!

We don't use Shimano very much as we all prefer SRAM for various reasons. Right now the XT version of a HobGoblin would be a little redundant for us while we are carryin an XO level bike as they are similar in level. You never know what the future holds though!

Thanks for all of the questions and interest~

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I was reading on suspensions but dint find the exact one used in the HG is this just like the #4 Twin link four bar Buyer's Guide To Mountain Bike Suspension, Part 2 - BikeRadar

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mbakes View Post
    No action shots yet. I've been dialing in the ride a bit each time I am out. I dropped the pressure in the tires and tractions has improved:

We liked this pic so much we "borrowed" it for our FaceBook page today.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hobgoblin size question. I am 5'7" and have a 30" inseam. I currently ride a 16" Guardian with an 80mm stem, I'm right at the top of the stock seatpost. I'm happy with the fit, but I'm looking to the Hobgoblin as more of a Trail/AM bike and plan to run it with a much shorter stem. Probably more like 45mm. What size would you advise? I'm thinking 17".

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    Hobgoblin size question. I am 5'7" and have a 30" inseam. I currently ride a 16" Guardian with an 80mm stem, I'm right at the top of the stock seatpost. I'm happy with the fit, but I'm looking to the Hobgoblin as more of a Trail/AM bike and plan to run it with a much shorter stem. Probably more like 45mm. What size would you advise? I'm thinking 17".
    Based solely on your sizing dimensions, we would tell you to buy the 15".

But given how you want to set it up, with a shorter stem and probably a zero-offset post, then we feel comfortable with you buying the 17.

You shouldn't have any issues with stand-over with either size.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We liked this pic so much we "borrowed" it for our FaceBook page today.
    Cool. My wife was not nearly as impressed as I was.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    BDF. Will a 15" frame fit a full size h2o bottle?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hobgoblin in the Everglades:

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    mbakes,

How are you finding the HobGoblin? I'm looking to possibly pull the trigger on this soon but am a little put off by the starting weight...I've been used to riding 20lb hardtails for the last 18 or so years. Thanks for any insights.

Keith

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I used to ride a lighter weight hard tail and the HG is my first full suspension bike so not a lot to compare to. Riding the more technical stuff here it's great. I dont have any hills to climb so the wight is not a problem. We have a lot of real short steep climbs, like 10', 15' . The biggest adjustment for me is that it is a 29r but after a few runs, I adjusted. Yesterday's ride was 27 miles on mostly gravel double track. I tried to ride it as a HT but it wasn't long before I realized that it was just more comfortable with the rear suspension active. I became pretty fatigued during the ride which has more to do with my fit set up than the weight. I should add that I am note used to being on a mountain bike for so long. My road bike is custom made so I can ride it for hours without a problem. I'm going to tweak my set up to make it more comfortable on long rides. The only thing I don't like about the HG is hat it's not an XO but that was a money issue at the time. The bike rocks for the money and then some.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What do you plan to change to adjust fitment?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Shorter stem and a different seat. One of the rails popped out during a fall on seat that came with the bike. I replaced it with a seat I had laying around. It was fine for the short rides but killed me on yesterday's ride. I'm going to put my road bike saddle which is a Selle SMP Lite 209. I may run the stem turned up on longer rides.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast