mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Airborne Goblin Vs. Santa Cruz Highball

I might as well post it here to see what the fan fav's of the Goblin have to say.

mtbr member
    I think you might find the results a bit skewed toward the Goblin here. I would pick the Goblin everytime, hands down.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    i think the Airborne Seeker at $925.00 is closer on components, it has a Recon Gold. Nicer looking too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm assuming you're talking the Highball Aluminum... At any rate, the Airborne will probably have better components, dollar for dollar. As to which is the better bike for you, i couldn't say.
    Blur LT & Highball

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am commenting from zero personal experience with these two bikes, but doesn't the Highball have significantly shorter chainstays than the Goblin? The HB has a SS rear dropout option as well. The Highball looks way better, IMO...the 3-tone paint jobs of Airborne's hardtails look a little...I don't know...I just prefer the 2 tone....

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    I think you might find the results a bit skewed toward the Goblin here. I would pick the Goblin everytime, hands down.
    I posted it in the general 29er forum, but there were a lot more responses for the hb so I thought I'd throw it up to here to make sure I heard both sides, not as much as I thought I might get. No biggie

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by teotoad10 View Post
    I posted it in the general 29er forum, but there were a lot more responses for the hb so I thought I'd throw it up to here to make sure I heard both sides, not as much as I thought I might get. No biggie

Its a tough decision. SC makes some nice frames and no one would argue that. and assuming you're getting the D/Recon Silver, you get a bit more for your dollar with the Goblin.

Make no mistake, the goblin frame is nice. Geometry is similar between the HB and the Goblin, but you get better components on the Goblin, and the customer service that Airborne has proven time and time again. You work directly with them for any frame issues, in the rare instance you might have one.

We're all going to be biased here. I love my Seeker, which is the Goblin frame with different paint. If I were to go looking for another XC 29er, I'd buy it again (or maybe a Goblin for the higher spec) in a heartbeat and never look back. Either way you'll wind up with a nice bike. With Airborne you wind up with a nice bike you won't be looking to upgrade the components on soon.