mtbr member
    May 2012

Airborne Goblin Suspension Help!

Hi everyone,

I have the first gen Airborne Goblin with the Reba 29er fork. I weight 165lbs but prob closer to 175lbs with all my gear on.

According the to the fork specs I should have 120psi in the positive and negative. I usually run it closer to 130psi. However, I seem to be losing pressure after every ride. For example after a 1.5 hour ride yesterday my fork is measuring 65mm (from 80mm) and the pressure went to 100 in the positive and 120 in the negative. Every ride results in the red rubber ring at the top of the fork.

Is this normal? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    It sounds like you maybe have a leak on the positive air side. How many hours would you guess you have on the fork? Maybe its time for service.

What are your sag measurements before and after each ride?
    You mentioned 65mm post ride which is pretty close to 20% sag on and 80mm fork. Unless I'm not understanding what your measurement means, that should be about right.

I don't know what kind of riding you do, but if you are bottoming out your fork every ride, and riding hard, it sounds like a good thing. You are using all of your travel.

Forks don't have a lot of air volume, so in the act of connecting a gauge/shock pump to measure the pressure you could be losing enough air to show a difference like that. I think it even mentions that in the RockShox fork manual. I would focus more on getting the correct sag than on air pressure readings.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    65mm post ride does not include me on the bike. I start the ride with 80mm then ended up with 65mm. Is that normal?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nope, sounds like an positive air leak. If its still under warranty I'd contact SRAM, or a local SRAM dealer, or just get a kit and rebuild it.

Airborne Product Dude
    It sounds like you've got a leak. Time to get the fork rebuilt. Depending on how long you've had the bike it may or may not be warrantied by SRAM.

Part of the reason why we use SRAM and other great companies like them is that you can get your bike worked on anywhere regardless of the fact you bought it online from us. Any authorized SRAM service center near you can handle a warranty claim. Just print up your ordering info from when you ordered it from us and have it handy when taking the bike in for warranty work.

SRAM is pretty quick about taking care of customers from my personal experience so you shouldn't be down for long.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yep, sounds like a leaking O-ring on the positive air piston. If you cant get help from a local shop, check out SRAMs service videos. It's a pretty easy fix if you are at all mechanically inclined.