BPP
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Airborne Goblin Rear Wheel Issues

Is anyone else having problems with their rear wheel coming out on the Airborne Goblin. Mine has came out 5 times while riding. I have contacted Airborne about the problem and they have always been quick to respond and very helpful. They have suggested to make sure I tighten the rear skewer very tight. I have been doing this from day one. They also suggested trying Mavic Camlock Skewers. To me it seems like the rear wheel does not set very deep in the dropouts like my friends Trek X-Caliber. He has never had this issue. I talked to a LBS about the problem and they said it should not be happening. I'm just wanting to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Try a good quality (Salsa) skewer. This should not be happening....

mtbr member
    happened to me once. i had not tightened my new skewer properly has not happnened since.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Try a shimano skewer. They're dirt cheap or free. They probably have one in the parts bin at your lbs. I had Salsa skewers do this to me three times this spring, but I have never had a problem before this. You can't go wrong with Shimano skewers.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.