mtbr member
    May 2007

Accidental Air, Impressive Durability

I went for a ride at my usual introductory/local rip around trail, which is very smooth and wide without any real technical stuff to contend with.

Ended up getting some airtime where I don't normally and landed flat rather than on the down slope. Wasn't anything huge, but enough to make the fork on my Seeker bottom out and caused the front tire to rub the downtube.

Now, I don't make it a habit to jump the bike other than small hops or gentle landings but I've got to say that I am impressed that nothing broke, nothing was any worse for wear (that it seems,) and everything was fine. My riding weight is probably 245lbs with my pack on.

No real point to this other than to thank the guys at Airborne for a great product, regardless of the price.

mtbr member
    Check your headset as well, sometimes those will need a quick adjustment after a heavy hit. I only say this as I did the same thing over the weekend, and found it was a half-turn loose after the impact.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Great advice! I checked it over right away to make sure everything was good but as soon as I take it out of the back of my car I'll check it again.

First time I've taken a hit hard enough to make the tire touch the downtube but this is my first 29'er and my last MTB that got ridden as hard as I ride this one had a rigid fork.

mtbr member
    Enjoy it skyphix! I know I do!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.