mtbr member
    Sep 2010

22" Goblin for 6' 1" 32 Inseam Rider?

Wondering if I can get away with riding a 22" Goblin frame with my height and inseam stated above. I like the first gen Goblin but the 20" seems to be sold out. Currently ride a 19.5" frame full squish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DBackRider08 View Post
    Wondering if I can get away with riding a 22" Goblin frame with my height and inseam stated above. I like the first gen Goblin but the 20" seems to be sold out. Currently ride a 19.5" frame full squish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Unless you have really longs arms and torso, I think it will be too big, due to the longer effective top-tube length. You need to sit on some bikes with a similar effective top tube length to get a better idea though if it will fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    PM bigdaddyflier with your measurements. Height, inseam, torso, and arm length and he should be able to help you.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by DBackRider08 View Post
    You are the same height I am, but have a 2" shorter inseam. I also have really long arms (I don't look weird really!). I ride a 20" Goblin and find it to be perfect with a 110mm stem. I can't ride a 22", it's way to big for me.

I'm concerned the 22" is going to be too big for you as well. You'll just be able to stand over it with shoes on, and you'd probably have to put a short stem on it like an 80 or 90mm to get the length correct (assuming you have an average arm length for your height).

The other thing to consider about the 22" is that the HT is taller than the 20" (130mm vs 110mm), so if you like an agressive riding position you may not be able to get the bars low enough.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You and I are the same size/inseam. I have a green Goblin with 100 mm fork travel and the 20 inch fits me just right. In my opinion the 22 would be too big, especially on uphill dismounts, if you know what I mean. The 2013 looks really sweet and a lot of the tweaks the older Goblin needed they took care of. Hope that helps