Thread: 1x 10 Goblin ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

New question here. 1x 10 Goblin ?

I am wanting to run a 1x10 like I have on my current bike. I used a bbg bashwich, which I really like. This bike has a Sram x7 2x10 crank on it- is there a way to "capture" the large chain ring on this setup?

Thanks,
    L.R.

Chewbacca on a Bike!
    You can change the spider to a 104 bcd (if you can find a take off somewhere) or get an MRP Bling ring and remove the current spider.

Show pics of your 1x9 setup

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    So I have to get a different crank, or use the Mrp bling ring- that stinks!

Thanks-

L.R.

Chewbacca on a Bike!
    No need to buy a new crank you would get a bling ring or a new spider like this. If you could find a member that removed their spider you may be able to buy it cheaper. Or you can get a spiderless ring from home brewed components

Universal Cycles -- North Shore Billet Crank Spiders - Fits Sram X0 and X9 Cranks

Aluminum Spiderless Chainrings

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I am not understanding. You still need some way to capture the chain so it does not "jump" off of the sprocket. None of that stuff does that? Mrp makes something that's like 150.00 that looks overly complicated that does this, but 150.00? I don't see how putting on a fancy sprocket is helping anything?

L.R.

Chewbacca on a Bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by LONRGR View Post
    I am not understanding. You still need some way to capture the chain so it does not "jump" off of the sprocket. None of that stuff does that? Mrp makes something that's like 150.00 that looks overly complicated that does this, but 150.00? I don't see how putting on a fancy sprocket is helping anything?

L.R.
    That stuff is to get to a single chainring you will also need a chain guide and you can use a mrp 1x for $50.00. I had the same setup on my green goblin. You could just leave the large chainring on your current crank and get the mrp guide to try out 1 x 10!

Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | 1x

mtbr member
    Could you not use a bash guard on the outside and an ngear jumpstop to keep it from jumping on the inside? Would be a cheap solution. It is what I use on my 1x10.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    somebody have some pics ?

L.R.

mtbr member
    Here is my 1x10 setup.
    BBGBashguard on the outside.
    Stock middle ring. (Going to upgrade soon to non ramped ring but I haven't had any issues running the stock one.)
    NGear Jump Stop on the inside.

That is a very cheap, lite and effective way to go.

1x 10 Goblin ?-8b26034bbe6830631cc375ff16d156fb.jpg

Chewbacca on a Bike!
    Here is a pic of the mrp ring on an x9 crank, it has the same removable spider as your cranks and the mrp 1x chain guide. Like I said earlier you could just get the mrp chain guide and use your large chain ring to try it out that is only a 50.00

1x 10 Goblin ?-756128d1359245918-emd-pics-photo-copy-7.jpg

mtbr member
    I think I misread your original post. You are wanting to use the outer ring. What I posted uses the middle ring.

I like that setup Verbeers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can I get a larger inner gear for the x7? If the bbg replaces the tall outside gear, can I get a taller inner gear to replace the little easy cranking gear that is on there? If so I think the bbg+ n gear jump stop is the way for me-