Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

One9 Pics

13K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  erichwic 
#1 ·
I have a new raw one9 frame arriving in a few days and i am transferring all the bits temporarily from my HT until i finalise the colour scheme and build . I used the search and tried to revive a 2007 thread on the 29er forum without much success http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=274230

There is currently no One9 Pics thread here but there is a thread for all other niner frames :confused: i have probably seen all the other one9's posted around mtbr but it would be nice to get some ideas and have them all in one thread.

Post them up here so we have a thread for perspective new owners to see, i'll post mine up in a few days when its built :cool:

#28 ·
aircooled said:
Wrap the EBB in tape and use carbon prep on the edge that grips the BB housing. At first I couldn't ride more that a couple miles with out the chain slipping. After my LBS did the mods I went about 200 miles before I needed to adjust the chain.
super rad
i just need to wait until ski season is over and i pay tuition for next semester. the bike is going to be my everyday bike/race rig. the bikes are the only bikes i can find that are remotely normal looking

#33 ·
I wonder if Niner ever looked into the idea of an eccentric rear hub like Uno ... seems to work great on my current 26" ss.

http://www.whiteind.com/rearhubs/singlespeedhubs.html

I just got my first Jet9 so I'm good to go for a while, but I do eventually hope to set up a 29er ss ... either a Niner of Stumpy. Sounds like Niner still has some work to do on the EBB tho?

Looks like the Air 9 uses the same EBB system, is the only potential advantage of the One 9 versus Air 9 lower weight?

#34 ·
kfb66 said:
Looks like the Air 9 uses the same EBB system, is the only potential advantage of the One 9 versus Air 9 lower weight?
The AIR9 has a normal BB shell, the ONE9 has an EBB, standard... the AIR9 frame should be a few grammes lighter than the ONE9 as it does not have the weight of the EBB. Though when built up with the same components minus the derailleurs/shifters/cassette the singlespeed is obviously a lighter bike.

#35 ·
ozzybmx said:
The AIR9 has a normal BB shell, the ONE9 has an EBB, standard... the AIR9 frame should be a few grammes lighter than the ONE9 as it does not have the weight of the EBB. Though when built up with the same components minus the derailleurs/shifters/cassette the singlespeed is obviously a lighter bike.
So if one wanted to stay away from the EBB and use an eccentric rear hub for ss, the Air9 might be the better option?

#36 ·
You could do but with Niners EBB "final fix" if you did have a bit of squeaking happening, i dont see any reason why not to get the AIR9. Since using CarboGrip on my BB it has worked perfectly.

#38 ·
I put the bike on a small slimming exercise today, i was fitting new Racing Ralphs and decided to stick a set of Furious Freds i had on then take it to my LBS for an official weigh in.... 7.66kg/16.88lbs :thumbsup:

#41 ·
I put the bike on a small slimming exercise today, i was fitting new Racing Ralphs and decided to stick a set of Furious Freds i had on then take it to my LBS for an official weigh in.... 7.66kg/16.88lbs :thumbsup:
How does she ride? Also is that SS specific hubs?

Reactions: ozzybmx
#42 ·
No, i got these wheels with the idea that i could swap them onto my FS with only changing the cassette and the front 9mm to 15mm Thru axel. I run the same brakes on both bikes too.

The bike rides beautifully, ive been on it for nearly a year now (1 nov 2010 going by post #10) and i have no intention of changing it soon.... the new one9 if there is one, would be the only replacement.

#45 ·
Finally got my new One 9 built up and out on the trails yesterday afternoon. Wow. This is a super cool bike, absolutely flies up the hills. Had a bit of creaking as expected out of the EBB, but about 15km into the ride it just stopped, so all is good.

Attachments

#47 ·
Nice bikes guys! Nine to see this bumped back up. I miss my old ONE9, I'm on the A9C now.

I had a lot of time on this bike both racing and trail riding all around - and found if you are not having slipping and creaking then the noise is coming from the big 6mm and you need to teflon grease the snot out of that thing.

#51 ·
Here is my One 9.
This was my first build and it has been a real treat. only problem is now it is winter.
Here are some of the details.
fork niner carbon green, easton e90 stem, salsa pro moto carbon bar 17deg, chris king headset, avid bb7 disk brakes, avid levers, easton e70 carbon seat post, salsa skewers and seat clamp, ethirteen ss cranks, petals soon to be upgraded, wheels hope hubs, dt db spokes, stans arch rims, geax 2.2 saguaro tires.

go green!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.