Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tracer VP Photo Album

320K views 907 replies 241 participants last post by  Daveooo 
#1 ·
So here it is!

I'm waiting for a talas...

See less See more
#844 ·
I have one too. While agree that one doesn't need to go carbon - once you throw a dropper post on there and some chunkier rubber - your knocking on 30lbs' door. I've got mine built with a dropper, big rubber and coil suspension and it's 32lbs but then I need that for some of the races I do. I'd prefer the same setup AND a 27lbs weight. Unfortunately id have to trade up to a Carbine for that.

#849 ·
My comments are pretty much like Trojan's. Note: I'm a light rider (160 with full gear) with no power. I ride "light" as well, which means we have fairly mild trails here; even if I "mash" the pedals, there's still no power there; and I try to pick smart lines. That said, I ride the hell out of my bike when I can. The front Haven is new - I had to upgrade to 20mm for the new bike. Rear is on its 2nd season on two different bikes, and I've had zero issues so far. I really like the wheels a lot so far. No tape needed for tubeless = big deal. My Rovals were lighter, but every tire change mangled the tape. None needed here.

#850 ·
just bought some havens for my tracer, half price in the chainreaction sale, was aware of the hub issues but thought I'd give them a go as I was changing to a bolt thru fork. Four rides in the rear has play, tweaked it up with the preloader & its been ok for a couple of rides but it makes you wonder..

#855 ·
Good looking rig jeremy - I'm a big fan of that flat black. Do you have any room to drop to a shorter and slightly lower stem? (hard to tell but it looks like an 70-90mm on there) I noticed a marked improvement in overall handling when I went to a stiff 60mm zero degree stem with 760mm riser bars. But judging from the XL frame and post height you may need all the room you can get. At 6'2" im pushing the limits of my large T2 but find the stability benefits outweigh the initial cramped feeling. Just my $.02

#858 ·
My Intense Tracer VP

Here is my set up.. I just added the new 34 ctd fox float and the bike feels amazing! Bike weighs in at 27.5 pounds.

Frame: Medium - Works Blue
Fork: Fox Float CTD 34 160mm
Shock: Fox RP23
Headset: Chris King
Handle Bar: Easton Haven Carbon
Stem: Thomson X4 70mm
Brake: Shimano XTR Trial
Rotor: Ice Tech (7 inch front, 6 inch back)
Crank: Raceface Sixc (double ring w/bash)
Pedal: Loaded Flat Pedals
Shifters: Shimano XTR
Derailluers: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano XTR
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Ti
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Wheelset: Easton Haven
Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

Attachments

#865 ·
Thanks, I live in FL where we ride mostly in reclaimed phosphate mines. The climbs are short and steep so I hardly notice the extra weight. The ti spring reduces the weight by about 1/2 pound. The bike is just under 31 pounds. The biggest difference was the coil in the front which now tracks much better and makes it easier to pop the front end up quickly over roots and rocks. The bike launches off of lips and wooden stunts much better with the coils on both ends. It just became a more responsive and funner ride for me.

#870 ·
Looking to pick up a new old stock 2010 tracer VP in works red. My question is how dose a 150mm fork work with the 6.0 in the rear or would you run it in the 5.5 in the rear. I'm in So Cal and wanting to do some enduro racing.
Run it either way, but for Enduro, definitely 6". What size are you looking for?

#872 ·
moto - I ran my TVP in both 5.5" & 6.0" starting with a Fox 32 140mm then switching to a Fox 36 160mm (both TALAS). You can run it in either mode depending on the trail, the geometry works with either combination. In my experience, the 6" was more fun on the rough stuff but very tricky to eliminate pedal bob on the climbs. In 5.5" the bike is more responsive and a better climber but definitely not as plush. Do you already have the 150 fork? If not I would consider a 36 160mm for the TVP or the T2 - noticeably stiffer and more confidence inspiring than the 32 for rougher riding, but for racing with some good climbs the 32 is very capable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.