~Reformed Mechanic~

X-King Racesport 29"

Highly recommended! I wish there was more info on this tire in general and for as long as the raceport version has been around I almost never see or hear about it.

Put one on the rear in place of other fast tires I run a lot like Ikon's or Racing Ralph's and its pretty fantastic!

Best way I would describe it is the best of both a RaRa and Ikon. Its fast fast fast... Mine weighed in at 540 grams! and rolls better than a RaRa corners WAY better than an ikon.

Bead is almost like that of UST and very secure for tubeless, BUT the sidewalls have many pinhole leaks and took a lot of time and shaking to seal sidewalls. Also some of you might not like the fact that the 29x2.2 is smaller volume wise than a 2.1 ignitor or similar. I quickly forgot about the low volume soon as I hit the trails due to its speed and overall feel. It doesn't bounce around like my schwalbe tires tend to do and keeps calm and collected in hard corners, the 180tpi overall has a great feel. Climbing traction feels close to that of an ignitor (and thats quite a complement!) The only area it cant compare is clibing wet ladders or roots. Other than that I have a hard time finding any weakness to exploit. a 2.4 racesport should be coming out at some point and I cant wait! So those of you who enjoy a fast tire, pick one or two of these up now!
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Interesting, I just checked conti's website and both racesport and protection 2.4's are now listed;
    Continental Bicycle -*X-King

And found a place in Germany where they are in stock;
    Protection 2.4
    Continental X-King ProTection 29 x 2,4" Faltreifen

Racesport
    Continental X-King RaceSport 29 x 2,4"

Not seen any reviews on the 29 2.4 versions however so reluctant to try sight unseen.

mtbr member
    I run X-king UST on my 26er and really like them. Bought some 29er X-kings and thought there were problems with the tire when I saw the pin holes leaking air upon installation and did not seem to seal up with Stans, so I returned them. Then I bought some Racing Ralphs and they also had pinholes in the sidewalls also. Now I understand that these lightweight race tires will have pins holes and require a liquid sealant to hold air if you run them tubeless. However, I would like to see Conti come out with some UST X-kings in the 29" size, they will be a little heavier but I would feel better no relying on the liquid sealant to get them to hold air when they are first installed.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by NullAndVoid View Post
    Interesting, I just checked conti's website and both racesport and protection 2.4's are now listed;
    Continental Bicycle -*X-King

And found a place in Germany where they are in stock;
    Protection 2.4
    Continental X-King ProTection 29 x 2,4" Faltreifen

Racesport
    Continental X-King RaceSport 29 x 2,4"

Not seen any reviews on the 29 2.4 versions however so reluctant to try sight unseen.

Nice find! I hope the 2.4's hit US soon...

Given how much Im enjoying the 2.2 RS Im surprised more are not running them!
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    a 2.4 racesport should be coming out at some point and I cant wait!
    Oh man, am I with ya on that. I have been waiting so long for some 2.4 x 29 black chili. Hopefully by the end of this week, but the availability dates keep getting pushed back so I am not holding my breath.

I initially had the original RaceSports on my 26er in 2.4" and they were the cats ass! I absolutely can not wait until they actually deliver the 29 x 2.4.
    Stay aware of those who hide in plain sight.