Not Bad

X Fusion Trace RL2

I'm thinking about getting some for my 140mm travel 29er later in the spring, just wondering what people's experience of the latest X-fusion stuff has been?

They seem to tick all the boxes for a good 29er trail fork, 34mm legs, kashima-esque stancions, solid crown/steerer and Syntace axle, but I'm hoping that going for one over a Fox Float 34 will be the right thing for me to do....
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Here is a thread with that exact same fork discussion. X-Fusion Trace 29 140mm

Nothing but rumors right now because no one can seem to get an answer from X-Fusion.

vermontbryan
    Oct 2004
    I have a few rides on my Trace RL2 DLA with 1.5 tapered steer tube and 15mm thru axle. I ride a 2010 GF HiFi Pro 29er, and got the Trace to replace a Fox F100 RLC with 32mm stanchions and 9mm QR. I was hoping to eliminate side to side flex when riding in rock gardens and the feeling of the wheel tucking when braking, and to slow the steering a bit by adding a little more travel kind of like the Rumblefish. The Trace was appealing to me because it has 51mm crown offset like the G2 forks. After a couple rides I would say that the ride quality of the Trace and the ability for the damper to smooth out the small stuff and also blow through sharp impacts is on par with the Fox fork. With the Trace the bike steers and tracks much better in rock gardens as hoped, and no detectable aft flex while braking. No complaints at all, and the only change I would make to the Trace is to add the ability to tune hi/lo speed compression damping so it could be optimized for the bike, rider, conditions, etc. Understand that this would add cost and weight, but I would gladly trade the lockout for compression adjustability…..

Not Bad
    I agree, I've cover 60 miles on my Yeti with the Trace installed at 140mm, the hi-lo speed compression would come in handy but I feel the performance totally outshines Fox's latest offerings so its no big deal to me.

Excellent forks!

mtbr member
    Sorry for adding to this twin thread, but I just got this fork. It doesn't have the gold coating, or the unicrown.

BUT. This fork is freak'n amazing, it replaced my xx revelation 140mm. I was able to remove air pressure to suit my riding style while still maintaining excellent bottom out resistance. There was a huge difference for me in bump sensitivity.

I would of liked to have the uni crown but I couldn't give a damn about the gold anno ****. If it's plusher than rockshox it's plush enough for me, and ohh.... it's plush.

Thought you may find this useful just J.
    Pivot mach 6!

Not Bad
    Thanks, I do but then again I've got my own now and I agree completely with you!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontbryan View Post
    I have a few rides on my Trace RL2 DLA with 1.5 tapered steer tube and 15mm thru axle. I ride a 2010 GF HiFi Pro 29er, and got the Trace to replace a Fox F100 RLC with 32mm stanchions and 9mm QR. I was hoping to eliminate side to side flex when riding in rock gardens and the feeling of the wheel tucking when braking, and to slow the steering a bit by adding a little more travel kind of like the Rumblefish. The Trace was appealing to me because it has 51mm crown offset like the G2 forks. After a couple rides I would say that the ride quality of the Trace and the ability for the damper to smooth out the small stuff and also blow through sharp impacts is on par with the Fox fork. With the Trace the bike steers and tracks much better in rock gardens as hoped, and no detectable aft flex while braking. No complaints at all, and the only change I would make to the Trace is to add the ability to tune hi/lo speed compression damping so it could be optimized for the bike, rider, conditions, etc. Understand that this would add cost and weight, but I would gladly trade the lockout for compression adjustability…..
    So you're riding the hifi with 140/120 mm travel? I'm increasing the travel on my hifi and don't know how far to go. I'm thinking 120 but have been wondering about 130.