Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rogue Exterminator

X-Fusion Slide RL2

I read the reviews but there are only 2 on this fork.
    I know it will be a hell of a lot better then the pogo stick on my bike now (lowest end suntour)
    In general for a budget fork how is this?

Price wise, it compares to the Recon but feature wise, it seems to compare to the Reba.
    If you were looking at price, would you rather have a Recon or a Slide.

Keep in mind, I am a beginner and do not want to dump a ton of money in this bike (Diamondback Overdrive) and hope to get a much nicer FS29er next year. I just want to make it a little nicer to ride until then.

Thanks

bonked
    IIRC it is basically the 29er version of the Velvet and Enix forks. You can probably more information based on reviews of those forks. My impression of the Enix on my wifes bike is that it is a pretty nice well made single air fork, but I don't personally have any ride time on it. Other people I know in the bike biz are fairly impressed with what X-Fusion has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

banned
    Seeing how it appears your at the beginner stages and want to progress and get another bike next year.

Maybe purchase a used steel rigid fork for around $40 and slap a 2.25ish or larger tire on the front. For a 100 dollar bill you have a better front end and far less dissapointment with the current Suntour. The money saved can go towards your next bike.

Do some research on rigid forks. As to how they make you a better rider. Theres enough info here on MTBR to write a half dozen books on the topic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm very happy with the Slide on my Scott. The bike came with a crap suntour fork and I weigh around 250 lbs, the coil fork with close to zero adjustment just plain didn't work for me.

For someone who needs the adjust-ability and control of an air fork without spending too much I'd recommend the Slide every time.

However, if you are planning to upgrade your bike in a year, I wouldn't bother as you wont get your money back (unless you plan to swap the fork to the new bike). I bought my bike knowing I was going to replace the fork after a few months, but was and still am happy with everything else on the bike.

mtbr member
    I just replaced the Fox Float RL (100mm) on my Trek HiFi, and I couldn't be happier. The X-Fusion is an upgrade in every aspect of the fork. The travel seems to be a true 120mm, whereas the Fox would struggle to give 80mm, let alone 100mm. It slackens the bike a little bit, but that's OK with me since it actually handles better now. The lock-out works great on the climbs I do here in Colorado, too. For $300, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
    However, if you are planning to upgrade your bike in a year, I wouldn't bother as you wont get your money back (unless you plan to swap the fork to the new bike). I bought my bike knowing I was going to replace the fork after a few months, but was and still am happy with everything else on the bike.
    I don't plan on getting rid of the current bike when I upgrade.
    Next bike will be a full suspension and I want to keep hard tail.

That being said, upgrade won't go to waste.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Seeing how it appears your at the beginner stages and want to progress and get another bike next year.

Maybe purchase a used steel rigid fork for around $40 and slap a 2.25ish or larger tire on the front. For a 100 dollar bill you have a better front end and far less dissapointment with the current Suntour. The money saved can go towards your next bike.

Do some research on rigid forks. As to how they make you a better rider. Theres enough info here on MTBR to write a half dozen books on the topic.
    I get what you are saying but my area just really isn't suitable for rigid forks IMO.
    Sure, there are a few that run them but very few and you don't see them on the harder trails. In fact, you mostly see full suspension bikes around here.

(I live in the mountains of Western NC near Asheville.)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I don't plan on getting rid of the current bike when I upgrade.
    Next bike will be a full suspension and I want to keep hard tail.

That being said, upgrade won't go to waste.
    then go for it, you won't be disappointed

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just wondering what you ended up doing. I just finished installing this fork on my Spec HR and only riding it around the yard it seems stiffer but soaks up the real bumps 10x better than the suntour. I plan to trail it later in the week and hope to be pleasantly suprised.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills10HR View Post
    Just wondering what you ended up doing. I just finished installing this fork on my Spec HR and only riding it around the yard it seems stiffer but soaks up the real bumps 10x better than the suntour. I plan to trail it later in the week and hope to be pleasantly suprised.
    Crashed the first bike and got a different hard tail with another crappy Suntour but not as crappy. Plan on getting the Rock Shox Reba when I get the fork but will still consider the slide or recon if I find a slamming deal.

Anything will have to wait til after Christmas.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've got a Slide on my HT and love it. Impressed with the quality of the ride. The weight of the fork is excellent as well and it dropped significant weight from a cheaper fork.

I'm sure there are better forks out there but not in the same price range.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    After a few rides I really like the fork, I am still fine tuning the fork but it is so much better than the Suntour it replaced. The Suntour would flex and twist so bad it never felt like I could be assured the bike would go where it was pointed, it seems much more accurate/planted now. I think this fork and good wheels would make a world of difference as now it appears most of my flex is in the wheels. For less than $250 I feel it was well worth it. This is without even pushing it yet, my last few rides were at a relaxed pace with my wife.

Forgot to add that the lower weight is definitely a plus, its easier to loft my 23" monster over stuff. I also changed out the bars and stem at the same time though (heavy stock steel bars were a joke).

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    A little update, I set the sag up to about 23mm (fork is set for 100mm travel) and went riding yesterday. We had one of our rare rain showers the night before so the trail was faster than usual. I hit a jump much hotter than usual and landed hard front wheel first and the fork took it like a champ. I compressed the fork to 94mm and it never flinched. I am pretty sure I would have folded my suntour I hit so hard. I did knock my front wheel out of round and loosened up a bunch of spokes but the fork was awesome.

mtbr member
    I had a Reba (tuned by Push), but sold it when I sold a frameset. It was replaced by the X Fusion Slide. To be honest, they feel very, very similar--and the X fusion is quieter (the Reba always had some compression noise).

Price dependent, I would pick the X fusion.

Price independent, I would still probably pick the X fusion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I really like my Slide, but I feel there's a bit of flex. I'm a big guy at 230 lbs and it's the 9mm qr version. The new ones with 15mm TA should be really great. Mine soaks up everything really well. Big hits and trail chatter alike. I'm converting my hub to a 9mm TA in the hopes it stiffens it up a bit. I'll report back after my rides this week.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    It's good to see another company bringing out quality options for suspension. I'm building up a Cannondale Lexi for my wife and were using a 1.5" velvet fork as well as the xfusion rear shock. Looking forward to her riding it to see the difference.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm in Maryland and we have a mix of different terrain to ride. You will not go wrong with X-fusion. That is it, Period !

Of course Fox products are sweet, but for the same quality in many areas...and with X-fusion's innovative approaches to simplifying travel it is an Awesome Deal.

I'm dumping my Fox Talas off on my cousin...I ride X-fusion now.

mtbr member
    great post , I'm looking at replacing the Sunturd as well , the Slide looks to be the ticket
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I got a 2012 slide a couple weeks ago. Low $ on the 2012's now. It's a great fork. It's on my single speed, and with ~ 80 psi I don't really need the lockout. Very good value thus far. Very nice on the trial. (my only point of comparison is my 2006 WB Magic 100, which I also really like)

mtbr member
    I just picked up a 2013 Slide 120 QR15 from Universal Cycles. My initial impressions are all positive. The fork looks great, and the build quality is nice. The lockout seems very firm. I hope to give it a shakedown ride in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_America1976 View Post
    I just picked up a 2013 Slide 120 QR15 from Universal Cycles.
    I would be saying DITTO right now, I ordered the same exact fork through UC, but QBP sent me a 2012 instead of 2013. Grrr. Oh well, still snow on the ground. Let me know how you like it. I couldn't wait around anymore for the Trace... seems like it is never going to be released, so went Slide. I've heard it is very comparable to a RS Reba, maybe better build even. I had a SID and didn't like it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

X-Fusion Slide RL2

Is the Trace lighter?

mtbr member
    Doubt it. More travel generally means burlier - to me at least.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    I got a 2012 slide a couple weeks ago. Low $ on the 2012's now.)
    where did you get the slide , and how much ? , best I found was on Amazon for $299.00

Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Is the Trace lighter?
    About the same weight... for same travel, but much stronger. Has 34mm stanchions over the Slide's (and standard) 32, and has a one-piece crown "that increases chassis strength at that junction by over 50%"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
    where did you get the slide , and how much ? , best I found was on Amazon for $299.00
    Universal Cycles has both 2012 and 2013. AEBike also has them.

If you sign up for the Universal Cycles newsletter I think they still give you a 15% off coupon. If you sign up for AEBike you get across the entire website discounts which show when you log in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duggus View Post
    I would be saying DITTO right now, I ordered the same exact fork through UC, but QBP sent me a 2012 instead of 2013. Grrr.
    After I saw your post I took a closer look at my fork, and I was in the same boat. I contacted UC, and they said even though it looks like a 12 it's really a 13. I contacted X-Fusion, and they did confirm their first batch of 13 forks went out with 12 decals and manuals. I sent them a pic of the label to confirm that it is a 13.

On a side note, I rode the fork last night, and I was overall impressed. I want to lower the pressure a bit, and ride it again.

Thats sounds weird to me... like QBP is just trying to get rid of the 2012 stock or something. Mine had the 2012 book and it was 2012 graphics, and 2012 on the box UPC. I don't actually think X-Fusion changed anything on the Slide from 12 to 13 anyway... just graphics? I really don't know though... I just like the 13 graphics better... I'm superficial like that

mtbr member
    Thats sounds weird to me... like QBP is just trying to get rid of the 2012 stock or something. Mine had the 2012 book and it was 2012 graphics, and 2012 on the box UPC. I don't actually think X-Fusion changed anything on the Slide from 12 to 13 anyway... just graphics? I really don't know though... I just like the 13 graphics better... I'm superficial like that
    Graphics change, but '13 also gets options like tapered sneerers and 15mm thru axles (and the various permutations there of).

mtbr member
    X-Fusion confirmed that mine is a 13. I should have been able to figure it out on my own because it has a QR15

X-Fusion confirmed that mine is a 13. I should have been able to figure it out on my own because it has a QR15
    Hey, did you get yours through Universal Cycles as well? SO... I just got off the phone with Universal and they are still trying to sort it out, but it wasn't a QBP error... it is an X-Fusion error. Supposedly a bunch of 2012 forks with manuals with 2013 boxes and/or item numbers. What a mess.

2012 Slide did have tapered option and 15mm axle. Not thrilled about my first experience with X-Fusion so far, hopefully the fork works better than their organization.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Does anyone notice a lot of stiction with the Slide? It doesn't affect performance at all, since after the very first bump it's gone, but it does seem to have more stiction than the RS Reba on my other bike, or the Recon it replaced.
    Last edited by Golden_Monkey; 03-27-2013 at 11:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Hey, did you get yours through Universal Cycles as well? SO... I just got off the phone with Universal and they are still trying to sort it out, but it wasn't a QBP error... it is an X-Fusion error. Supposedly a bunch of 2012 forks with manuals with 2013 boxes and/or item numbers. What a mess.

2012 Slide did have tapered option and 15mm axle. Not thrilled about my first experience with X-Fusion so far, hopefully the fork works better than their organization.
    I got mine through Universal. Its a 120 with straight steer tube and QR15. Honestly it doesn't bother me much. According to X-Fusion I got what I paid for. I don't care if it has the 12 graphics on it. My ride experience so far is positive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You can also get the X-Fusion Slide RL2 29er fork at ebay for as low as $250 depending on the travel and steerer dimension.
    items in X-Fusion Slide RL2 29er store on eBay!

My ride experience so far is positive.
    Good to hear! The reviews of all X-Fusion forks across the board are all positive... so I'm sure it will be worth it. I bet the price will go up on all of them when the company gets a little more organized and well-known. Then we will be missing the days of affordable X-fusion forks with the occasional mix-up

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    After a few hundred miles on mine I love it, my only complaint is that the fork is on the firmer side and I have to run much lower pressure than I expected. With that being said I am a rider who likes the plush feeling more.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills10HR View Post
    After a few hundred miles on mine I love it, my only complaint is that the fork is on the firmer side and I have to run much lower pressure than I expected. With that being said I am a rider who likes the plush feeling more.
    I noticed that too. I'll try a lower pressure than usual.

Heard from the distributor today. X-Fusion put 2012 decals on the 2013 Slide RL2's. This isn't cool of X-fusion, not fair to the customer or the distributors. I don't like the graphics on the 12 and only ordered the Slide because they have pushed the Trace release date back like 5 times. There's no way they should be telling people they will get the 13 fork the way it looks online and then send them one with different graphics. Call it trivial, but you don't advertise something for sale and then switch it or not deliver what the customer orders. Unprofessional of them and I'm really disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Heard from the distributor today. X-Fusion put 2012 decals on the 2013 Slide RL2's. This isn't cool of X-fusion, not fair to the customer or the distributors. I don't like the graphics on the 12 and only ordered the Slide because they have pushed the Trace release date back like 5 times. There's no way they should be telling people they will get the 13 fork the way it looks online and then send them one with different graphics. Call it trivial, but you don't advertise something for sale and then switch it or not deliver what the customer orders. Unprofessional of them and I'm really disappointed.
    Sounds like salesman speak. If the 13s are unchanged just tell the customer his fork is new with old decals. Best way to check is the serial number on the fork. It should have a 13 specific component or cutoff number for model change.

Order a new set of decals and replace.
    Last edited by eb1888; 03-29-2013 at 07:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

X-Fusion Slide RL2

You guys with those old stickers really got screwed, might want to contact the BBB.
    Last edited by SS Hack; 03-29-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Just got off the phone again. I'm taking store credit and getting a White Brothers fork... done with X-Fusion. NOW the 2013 Slide forks that you see online and the RL2R's with the remote are pushed back to June! Universal Cycles told me they have 3 other people they are dealing with the same issue now, so 4 Slide forks returned to them. Not good.

mtbr member
    I'm kind of glad I went with the Recon now

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I just purchased a 2012 Slide RL2 for 280 shipped....heck i'm excited about dropping that 1lb from the bike let alone the smoothness. My Scott Scale will now be complete......for now lol.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I've never owned an air fork before....am I going to need a special pump for the Slide RL2?

You should get one with it, but don't quote me on that. Otherwise any high pressure fork/shock pump will work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    dang, well i ordered one anyways to prevent not having one when i needed it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

X-Fusion Slide RL2

I'm kind of glad I went with the Recon now
    Much better stickers.

Much better stickers.
    Hey what kind of bike(s) do you ride? I hope they aren't painted or have decals on them... since that doesn't matter... RIGHT??? Give it a rest... appearance and performance go hand in hand.

mtbr member
    Much better stickers.
    yep , and the stickers are lighter

Bro Mountainbiker
    Bull SHEET Kaptain K, rigid fork or bust!
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Hey what kind of bike(s) do you ride? I hope they aren't painted or have decals on them... since that doesn't matter... RIGHT??? Give it a rest... appearance and performance go hand in hand.
    I don't care how my fork looks if it performs like it should. I am also one to not really care about the paint etc on my bike. It's a mountain bike that gets ridden hard. It show on the frame, fork, cranks etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

ebay. I bought a new one from a private party (not a store), but they are even cheaper now: $250 plus ship.
    slide fork 29 | eBay

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just got mine in:

Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    Just got mine in
    Enjoy! So did you end up getting a pump with it or no?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Enjoy! So did you end up getting a pump with it or no?
    No it does not come with a pump which makes sense given that this is a budget fork. It didn't come with a travel marker or ruler either...but it works very well from what I've read and that's all that really matters.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Mine didn't come with one either so I did the ziptie trick and picked up a fox pump. I do kinda like that black though (mine is white).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

X-Fusion Slide RL2

Just got mine in:

Black is a nice change in a sea of white forks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I ordered mine on a Black Friday special. Great fork but you do have to run lower pressure, at least lower than I did on my Fox F29 RL. I would say its every bit good as the Fox. What was that Black Friday pricing? $225 shipped for a 1 & 1/8 set at 100mm Black.
    OB1 Kielbasa

One is good!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Black is a nice change in a sea of white forks.
    Yeah, I probably would have been happy with white but the original fork was black and the frame is black so I figured I'd keep it all black .

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I too ordered mine on black friday. Slide w/remote $225, internal adjustable from 100/120. so far no problems. i want to go 120mm. does anyone know how to dissemble the slide and adjust it to 12omm?

thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYLsuMmiT_Hi View Post
    I too ordered mine on black friday. Slide w/remote $225, internal adjustable from 100/120. so far no problems. i want to go 120mm. does anyone know how to dissemble the slide and adjust it to 12omm?

thanks.
    It's a bit of work:

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...vel_adjust.pdf

I'm just messing with you
    Anyone know how these forks handle an Ardent 2.4 tire? I've got one in a Reba and I've been hearing the tread buzz the crown
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Anyone know how these forks handle an Ardent 2.4 tire? I've got one in a Reba and I've been hearing the tread buzz the crown
    I have an Ardent 2.4 on an Arch rim. So far it's been fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Well here it is installed:

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Oh i should add that the brake housing hold-down screw / bolt was AWOL and had to track down a new one which ended up being a M3 x 6....got a nice stainless one at the hardware store.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Oh and I think I need to reroute the front brake tubing behind the other tubing or shorten it...to be honest it seems a lil too long. This is my first fork install btw!

I'm just messing with you
    I have an Ardent 2.4 on an Arch rim. So far it's been fine.
    Thanks. That's the same combo I have. I put an aged Manitou Minute back on the bike for now, but this low cost X-Fusion option has me thinking about getting one while I can.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    What pressure at what rider weight do you all run with this fork?

mtbr member
    What pressure at what rider weight do you all run with this fork?
    I always start with what the manufacturer recommends, and go up or down from there. My initial thought on the X-Fusion is to go down a bit. It felt a bit more firm than I like at the recommended PSI.

mtbr member
    Yes. Find the chart here - http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...ring_Chart.pdf

I found that I went down 10 PSI, as it is quite a firm fork. That might change though as it gets "broken in".

Otherwise, it is fantastic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Am I correct that changing the travel on the fork will change the axle-crown height? What is the a-c height for the 100mm setup?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    Yes. Find the chart here - http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pd...ring_Chart.pdf

I found that I went down 10 PSI, as it is quite a firm fork. That might change though as it gets "broken in".

Otherwise, it is fantastic.
    Yeah i found it a bit firm too...but i don't want to run psi too low as I want to keep a sag to a minimum due to HT angle change.... Actually the real issue is that i discovered that this fork has an Axle to Crown that is 10mm shorter than the original fork so i am going to send it in to get it converted to 120mm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rykoh View Post
    Am I correct that changing the travel on the fork will change the axle-crown height? What is the a-c height for the 100mm setup?
    They list the A to C spec as 526mm @ 120mm so I would imagine the A to C will change with the travel setting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Re: X-Fusion Slide RL2

They list the A to C spec as 526mm @ 120mm so I would imagine the A to C will change with the travel setting.
    Woops I forgot to mention that I have measured my Slide's A2C @ 100mm and it was around 507mm so yes A2C does vary with travel setup.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp
    '9x Spec' Hardrock Cromo rigid

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I've had my eye on this for for awhile but I've noticed that most places I've found that have it are out of stock. There are a few on ebay, but looking for 120mm, taper, and 15mm TA and those seem to be scarce. Are they way behind on production?

mtbr member
    I'm planning on picking up one of these off eBay real soon. It seems like a good deal at $250+shipping.

mtbr member
    Is there anyone here who weighed the fork out of the box?
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevocastro View Post
    Is there anyone here who weighed the fork out of the box?
    yes:

X-Fusion Slide RL2-x-fusion-slide-weight-uncut.jpg

mtbr member

Digging my Slide so far

Tweaked the graphics a bit, lowered the pressure to about 10psi below the rec. Really smooth fork. Very stiff vs. the 2006 Tora it replaced.
    Great value for my North East 29er beater bike.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]793923
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-Fusion Slide RL2-img_1128%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Slide

Perfect for my 12' Spec Rockhopper 29er and got it down below recommended psi (-10). i'm going to bump it up 120mm to see how it rides....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-Fusion Slide RL2-rh1.jpg  

X-Fusion Slide RL2-rh2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Perfect for my 12' Spec Rockhopper 29er and got it down below recommended psi (-10). i'm going to bump it up 120mm to see how it rides....
    It looks good in black on your bike. I'm probably going to bump mine up to 120 as well.

'12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have only two rides on my 100mm slide, but I'm really happy with it so far. I'm running about 15 psi below the recommended psi and my take a tick more out. Even with the lower psi it still feels firm enough standing for climbs and is nice and plush on short choppy downhills. I haven't hooked up the remote lock out yet-it is stable enough where I haven't really thought about the lock out.

mtbr member
    I just set my Slide to 120 on a Vassago Bandersnatch I recently started riding. After one ride at 120, I put back to 100 for a couple of reasons. I couldn't seem to get the 120 to feel much more plush than the 100 setting, despite dropping the pressure and trying different amounts of rebound. And although I dropped the stem to compensate for the added crown height, it seem to change the bikes handling enough that I decided I liked it better at 100. The front end was still ok for climbing, but just didn't seem as sure footed. Of course, on a different frame it might be a different story.

One thing to note: The damper foot took some pretty good whacks to get out of the lower, and getting it back in was a b!tch. I ended up having use emery paper to ease the shoulder on the end of the damper rod that inserted into a well at the bottom to the leg.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

The White Jeff W
    Anyone miss not having compression adjustment? Im eye-ballinging one of the 650B forks and wondered if it was an issue
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    I just set my Slide to 120 on a Vassago Bandersnatch I recently started riding......
    Gas4air- what's the Head Angle of your bike? i was wondering if a steeper HA would affect it. i think the RH is 71˚...

thanks.

mtbr member
    Gas4air- what's the Head Angle of your bike? i was wondering if a steeper HA would affect it. i think the RH is 71˚...

thanks.
    71 degrees per Vassago frame specs. Not sure if that's for 80mm or 100mm fork, which are Vassago recommended
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Man I have to say that I'm really enjoying this fork now that I've got some miles on it.

'12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Have a Slide a RL2 and find that at 190lbs 95psi is far too much. To get 20% sag (120mm setup) running about 65psi, feels quite plush now and sag seems spot on.

So I'm using about 30psi less than recommended, anyone else reduced their pressure so much?

mtbr member
    I just set mine up based on feel during a 12 hour race. Kept dropping 5-10 PSI until it felt alright. I think it is 15-20 PSI less than recommended...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I weigh 205ish with gear and run about 100-105PSI...based on sag. I try not to run too much sag as i lost 10mm of A 2 C with this fork and don't wanna steepen the HTA more.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the replies fellas.
    Shalom, your experience is close to mine.
    zephxiii, can fully understand you running 100psi to keep geometry but must make the forks feel pretty hard. Have you been able to get full travel out of them?

Going to experiment a bit more, maybe because used to the feeling of the Pikes on my Heckler.

mtbr member
    They are a bit softer overall than my Rebas or F32s in general use, but the remote lockout works well. Small bump compliance is great, and the bigger hits are also well absorbed.

As for geometry, I am running them at 100mm on a frame designed around an 80mm fork, so I am not too bothered if I am running them a little softer than designed.

I am still ecstatic about these forks performance. They are great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by silverscoob View Post
    Thanks for the replies fellas.
    Shalom, your experience is close to mine.
    zephxiii, can fully understand you running 100psi to keep geometry but must make the forks feel pretty hard. Have you been able to get full travel out of them?

Going to experiment a bit more, maybe because used to the feeling of the Pikes on my Heckler.
    I think so if I'm riding fast and taking some big hits but maybe not today if I am taking it easy. I need to measure where the travel actually stops.

'12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '99 Spec' FSR Comp

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Are there any clydes using this fork. Im in the market for one, Im 250 and want to know if this fork can work for me. Im pretty sure based on the reviews it wont flex. Currently I have a 2010 reba race that works perfectly if that helps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have lightened up but originally started around 230lb kitted up (now about 210lb)and this fork was awesome. I did come from a low end Suntour that would flex and twist like crazy. None of my lighter friends understood when I talked about the way the fork would "walk" all over the place as it twisted. NOTHING like that with the Fusion.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My shop will have mine on by friday. 250 lbs. I will let you know soon.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdabike View Post
    My shop will have mine on by friday. 250 lbs. I will let you know soon.
    Thanks Please do keep us updated!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Went to the shop yesterday around noon. One of my old friends from school, class of 85, was there, putting her together for me. RL2, 125mm. Bike had 100mm previously. Set-up sag, around 108lbs. New Stans Flow wheel, Tubeless, front and rear. New, wide bars coming. Dropper soon.

By the time I was leaving, it was pouring the rain. Only got to ride around the church yard so far, but it feels 100% better than what I had. Will play with the settings a little tomorrow, on my regular loops, to compare.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Fork felt great. No diving, soaked up all the roots on one of the roughest downhills on our race loop. A lot less flex up front on the sharper downhill turns. Feels way more stable overall.

Makes bike feel like I am riding a full suspension. I think, because of the mixture of the fork and going tubeless for the first time. Had so much fun riding it, I didn't even lockout the fork on the uphills. I should have, because I did feel like I was losing a little power on some steeper climbs.

I found, I like the rebound set pretty much maxed out. Didn't have the pump, but will probably add some more air to fork to see what I prefer on that same loop.

Overall pleased with the fork upgrade and going tubeless.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Great news, this will be going on my mono flight, i have flows too tubeless. Although now i just found a deal on a lefty carbon fork at a steal. Just trying to find out why its soo cheap. but the xfusion will be bought if the lefty falls through.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Is a 15mm QR made by Syntace like it was on my Velvet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 37