mtbr member
    Jun 2013

X Fusion Hilo 125 dropper seat post

For those of you that have experience with this dropper, how do you like it? Qualities or lack thereof? Seems like one of the least expensive options out there, but worth a look.

mtbr member
    I have a the 100mm version and it seems to be fine so far. It can be stopped anywhere in it's adjustment range and returns at a reasonable speed without excess force. It does have a small amount of side to side play and occasionally when you sit on the saddle you'll feel it squish down a tiny bit. That's only happened once or twice in the few months I've used it. So far it's seems to be holding up though.

mtbr member
    I have a 100mm version too. 27.2 diameter. The only thing I have to say is that depending on your seat tube, you may have to use fiber grip to keep it from sliding down because if you tighten your clamp too hard, it will impede on the seatposts action. Apart from that, no problem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Do You all have the remote or lever version? I read the remote is a bit slow vs the lever action.I like the lever because I'd have nowhere to internally route the cable through.

mtbr member
    I added the remote to mine. The speed it returns depends on far you move the lever. If you barely touch it it creeps up, but if you push it fully is comes up at normal speed. I wouldn't think the speed would be different, the remote attaches to the same place the lever does on the post.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've got the 100mm version. Got about 5 months on it, about 3-6 rides a week - totally bomb proof. No play, works 100% solid. Totally impressed!

MTB B'dos
    Had the 100mm version, sold it to a less technical friend who got a new bike but no dropper, to help him out, but had a good couple months in on it, worked very well IMHO. Brought in an SL 100mm for another friend and he's been pleased with it, I'll probably go for an SL when I get again - really never thought I needed a dropper until I got one, now without it the flow just gets broken up to much on the steep tech into steep climbs.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics