For the past 4 or 5 years, the Exiwolf (29 x 2.3) has been my preferred rear tire. However, WTB has discontinued it and Iím in need of replacement. Hereís what I like about the Exiwolf, pretty much in order of importance:
- Tough sidewalls Ė puts up with the abrasion from rocks
- Rounded profile Ė predictable off camber traction when riding through rock gardens
- Good traction on wet or dry conditions
- Many, close-spaced, low-profile knobs make for low rolling resistance
- Long wearing
Here are some of the tires Iíve tried in recent years that just didnít do well as a rear tire:
- Kenda Slant-six Ė This is currently my favorite front tire but the sidewalls are too weak for use in the rear
- Geax Saguaro Ė Tough sidewalls, but poor traction on wet rocks
- Maxis Ignitor Ė Good traction but weak sidewalls
- WTB Wolverine Ė Relatively squared off profile makes it less predictable in rock gardens
Anybody have any suggestions of what else to try, especially if you liked the Exiwolf?
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: WTB Exiwolf Replacement
Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »