mtbr member
    Jul 2011

world cup xx vs fox 32 float 29

I currently have a rockshox rl that i'd like to replace to save some weight. I'm stuck between these two and i'm not sure which way to go. I'm also curious about switching to a 15 if you guys think it'd be worth the added weight. The fox is quoted at being a little lighter than the rockshox (without remote lockout). The fox would also be a little cheaper I would imagine. oh i weight 130 if it helps.. thanks everyone!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'd consider a Terralogic if on a hardtail.
    All my bikes have 15 thru axle except one. I don't notice the diff unless it's really nasty rocky riding with a lot of ditches and ruts and switchbacks.
    Otherwise I'm a huge RockShox fan. Have several world cup models and buying a XX next week. Easy to work on. Make sure you check fluid level in lower legs upon purchase. Often dry.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    The Fox is not lighter than the SID WC XX( Not sure if you meant the SID), even with the remote, and I don't believe it's advertised with a lower weight.
    Fox RLC 29 = 1687g(steerer is cut)
    SID WC XX = 1535g

My bike came with a Fox RLC and I never used it and bought the SID WC XX. They are definitely different. The SID is more progressive throughout the travel. The FOX is a little softer throughout the travel. I am a Rock Shox fan, after using FOX for many years, and I also really like the remote lockout.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    After riding both forks, you should definately go with the Fox. The XX may be lighter, but nothing beats a Fox fork in all around performance and ease of adjusting. That's my opinion, but its ultimately up to you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    thanks for replying everyone! i've thought about it and i think i'm going to wait to buy a bike with 650b for myself next year and upgrade that. I have no idea what my options will be but we'll have to see!