mtbr member

Williams Summit sub 1600 gram wheel set

Their road and cyclo x products are pretty good. Anyone has experience with their MTB stuff?

Summit 29 XC

Sub 1600gram and $500 for set...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Looked at these myself- own a couple williams roadsets that I purchased on the premise that the wheels were hand-built in a botique shop in the central valley of CA. Was doing some homework on the summits and found this

IRWIN : Global Engineering Solutions Provider - bicycles, bike parts and wheelsets

While the quality of Keith's stuff 'is what it is', Williams stock value plummeted when I found out he's distributing tiawanese built goods. The new pawl design looks interesting but there are very few sets on the trail and Keith doesn't budge much on price, ok, at all regardless of good student discount, AARP, AAA, etc, so I wasn't willing to experiment with 500 simoleans on a new design, and moreso, on another wheelset I thought was handbuilt in this good ol' US of A vice by somebody across the pond.

Would love to hear about 'em...in the meanwhile, ordered a set of stans w/ hope hubs and dt Revo spokes from Adam at Richards bikes in Illinois. I will get a photo of my wheels getting built, and more importantly, ride a set built in the USA by somebody who knows who he's building them for.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Btw- notice that the wheels are not listed by the true manufacturer as sub-1600 grams....they're 1620+-5%....just another data point.....maybe irwin stickers must weigh more than williams?