mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Will a Nevegal fit my Niner Jet?

I have 2.1 Ignitor's on my 2011 Niner Jet9. I need something beefier for the early/late season mud here in Vermont.

It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of space between the Ignitor on my rear wheel and the back of the frame. Our local Niner dealer closed down and I don't have anyone to ask-- will a 2.2 Kenda Nevegal fit on my rear wheel?

Thanks a million for the help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    2.2 should be an easy fit. I used to run Nevegals on my RIP front & rear. Plenty of clearance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes they fit my brother runs them front and rear on his jet 9.

Flaccid Member
    They fit, but they are the slowest rolling damn tires you will ever install on your jet. I gave mine away, no one would even buy them off of me, that tire is a dog in a 29'er. Save your money and get a Panaracer Rampage instead.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Will a Nevegal fit my Niner Jet?

Or get the Geax Gato, faster then the Rampage.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I had Never-rolls on my Sir9, they fit, they worked, hate them. If you wnat to stay reasonable, I'd look at the Specialized ground Control/Purgatory setup. I'm running Schwalbe Nobby Nics on on Jet 9 RDO and love them, but, well, they are spendy.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I had many different tyres on my Jet9's & although I agree with others, I would like to add, Don't under estimate the Ignitor .

Nobby Nic's are good to.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    OK. Let me chime in my 2cents worth into the Nevegals.

I am overweight for my height and I am unfit as hell. I had the Nevegals on my RIP9 front & back because grip was great (I'm a MTB noob) but I was struggling BIG time on climbs. Everyone in my riding group is always laughing at me after each climb section. One of my mates finally told me to change away the rear Nevegal to something light and livelier. It was the best thing that I have done to my bike (OK maybe exclude the dropper post & the wider handlebar but that's another story.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Have to agree, got Nevegals on my 26er, deadly slow. It's a spare bike so don't worry about it too much. I was riding on a paved bike path this winter for race training and picked that bike since I knew it would be slow and keep the effort high.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    You guys are wack, Nevegals are great. I read all the "never-goes" posts and honestly, when I first put them on they did feel a bit slower than the slippery FastTracks my bike came with but I've learned to love them. They grip like crazy and I don't even notice the slow anymore. I have no problem climbing with them. I like the way the rear one holds its grip when I put the torque on. Mucky stuff and sand don't scare me any more - Hurray Nevegals!!!

I rode a Camber demo bike last year that had a Ground Control in the rear and a Purgatory Control in the front and they were pretty awesome too. the two Nevegals cost me less than one of the Specialized tires would have though.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    agree with mhix01. while the nevegals are by no means a fast tire, its not like you are dragging a boat anchor either. they go have alot of grip in pretty much every situation as well, most tires can claim that one bit.