Who needs a mountain bike?

This video is sick! http://youtu.be/HhabgvIIXik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirguy View Post
    This video is sick! Road Bike Party 2 - Martyn Ashton - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since the title of this post is so ambiguous... Before anyone else wastes their time clicking the video.. its Road Bike Party 2.

and this has nothing to do with 29er components.
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Apologies for the"ambiguous" title it was supposed to be tongue and cheek. I was posting on a new phone and wasn't even sure it posted or where. In fact I didn't think it posted. At any rate it's really incredible. It's amazing the abuse those road bikes can endure.

mtbr member
    Apologies for the"ambiguous" title it was supposed to be tongue and cheek. I was posting on a new phone and wasn't even sure it posted or where. In fact I didn't think it posted. At any rate it's really incredible. It's amazing the abuse those road bikes can endure.
    Road bikes are not that fragile. They are made of the same carbon fiber mountain bikes are. The wheels are probably just as strong as any carbon wheel on a mountain bike. You just don't normally see guys jumping on them like you do in the video. More then likely they were cross bikes which are even a bit more durable then regular road bikes since they do run them off road.
    '12 Flash 29r C3 with a few mods
    '10 Synapse 5 Carbon with a few mods as well..

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    uhh, this is almost 9 months old here on mtbr

just because you have a new phone doesn't mean it is cool to drag up 2013 and post it as new here...

here is a tip: if a 'cool' bike video exists it will be posted here on mtbr within 2 days guaranteed. so if you want to post something new and fresh make sure you post it before the original content is a week old. otherwise it is already gonna be here somewhere...there are about 1500 people checking for bike videos and drooling over them constantly dying to 'post it first'

no worries just a repost

beater

Who needs a mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash29r View Post
    More then likely they were cross bikes which are even a bit more durable then regular road bikes since they do run them off road.
    You're right about the durability, but that wasn't a cross bike, or even multiple bikes. It was a single Colnago C59 Disc, ridden by all three riders. It's an insanely expensive race bike, but the frame and wheels came through filming unscathed. There's a 20+ minute behind the scenes video on the web.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.