mtbr member
    Mar 2007

White Brothers Loop vs. X-Fusion Trace 120-130mm

I have been riding the reliable REBA now for 5+ years and I am ready to trying something different. Prior to the REBA run, I did own 4-5 Fox Forx. I understand that the Pike is amazing, but it is not a consideration as I need a 120mm fork. I have read multiple threads extolling the merits of the Loop and Trace. Anybody own and ride both? Most importantly any opinions regarding the following are greatly appreciated:

1. Set-up and dial-in ease?
    2. Reliability
    3. Customer Service...does the company back up the product and are they responsive?
    4. Durability and serviceability
    5. Performance
    6. Would you purchase again?

Many thanks, CDIDriver

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    I've had the Loop for a year and a half, I think. Once I decided on the pressure I like, I've never changed the setup. I think I've been using their baseline recommendations the whole time. It always feels right. I've done the basic service a few times and its really easy. WB is quick to respond to emails - always within a few hours.

Here's another thread
    White Brothers Loop 29?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    92gli Many Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Loop and the link to wb loop thread. It definitely sounds like WB stands behind their offerings with excellent CS.

Anyone from the X-fusion camp?

AOK
    mtbr member

White Brothers Loop vs. X-Fusion Trace 120-130mm

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I've had the Loop for a year and a half, I think. Once I decided on the pressure I like, I've never changed the setup. I think I've been using their baseline recommendations the whole time. It always feels right. I've done the basic service a few times and its really easy. WB is quick to respond to emails - always within a few hours.

Here's another thread
    White Brothers Loop 29?
    +1 for the Loop. Been very happy with mine - with similar experiences to 92gli.

Recently swapped my Loop to a new frame and realized that the steerer was too short to fit the new frame (doh!). The guys at WB/MRP fixed me up with a new steerer for a reasonable charge. Very fast to respond to my emails plus one day turnaround once they received the fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CDIDriver View Post
    I understand that the Pike is amazing, but it is not a consideration as I need a 120mm fork.
    +1 for Loop for me as well. Mine has been great.

I've heard rumors that the Pike will be available as a 120mm 29er option next year. Banshee is going to be offering it with their new Phantom frame. I've also heard that you can convert the 140/150mm versions to 120mm by using the air cartridge from a 27.5 model. Might be something to look into or even wait a few months to see what comes out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    One other point about the Loop. It's offered in two versions. One is internally adjustable between 80-100-120mm. The other is internally adjustable 120-130-140mm. If you decide you want a Loop make sure you know which one you're getting in case you want to make adjustments later on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks 12snap, there is no doubt in my mind that White Brothers is a excellent company that stands behind its products and customers. Even if the Pike was convertable to 120mm, I am not interested in spending 1k for a front fork.

Any X-Fusion Trace owners out there?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Yes I own 2 loops & 2 X Fusion's & 1 Pike.

I like the pike best.

Next I like the X Fusion's over the loop.

The Loop is a good Fork & I'm not bagging it, I like the Trough axle setup on the loop more than the other 2 forks.

I'm not a big fan of the damper on the Loop fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for you insight and perspective on the loop fork muzzanic. If you have a minute can you provide some additional detail and color as to why you don't like the loop dampening. Conversely can you tell me about your x-fusion experience.

Thanks CDIDriver