Life Is Short

white bros Fluid 2 question

I'm bidding on ebay a Fluid 140mm fork primarily because it has a 20mm thru axle
    (big fan and I don't want to swap out to a 15mm hub on a wheel thats ready to go)
    but for those of you have owned or still have one, do the stanchions stick as I read on
    several reviews? Thanks

The White Jeff W
    I have the 650b version that I'm still breaking in. It's not "sticky" but there is noticeable friction as it cycles up & down. It seems to be getting smoother as the break in period continues (they say 10 hrs).

It's still pretty plush though.
    I'm considering another WB fork if I need to replace the Marzocchi 44 on my 29er
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Why do they list the travel as 140?

I thought there was a Fluid model 135 and a Fluid 150 model...never heard of a 140.

I never measured mine, but It is supposed to have 150 mm of travel.

Now that I think about it, I called White Brothers customer service (Eric?) and he told me how to tell the difference between the 135 and 150 (I wanted to verify that I bought the 150 and not the 135)...I think he mentioned that the axel "clamps" were different...wish I could remember exactly what he said.

My 150 has a "vertical" slit above the axel with the hex bolt facing forward, I think the 135's are different...will post a pic of my 150 (camera battery died after I took the pic).

I haven't noticed any sticking on mine, but it was stiff as hell till it broke in.

Hey Fatcat, how's your PBJ?
    Last edited by jbsocal; 06-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of my 150's lowers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails white bros Fluid 2 question-p1000045e.jpg  

Life Is Short
    Thanks for that jbsocal. I won that auction for the fork it was $225, not bad since the new WB forks are really expensive and 5mm is not even a 1/3 of an inch, wish I had the 150 though, those are really hard to find and when you do find one they are $$$$$$ you'd better hang on to that!

I'm guessing because WB are maybe the only sus fork made in the USA, unless Fox still makes theirs here? Anyways I have 3 other WB forks and they are built pretty solid. Thanks for your help.

And yes the PBJ is doing great. A fun bike, a pink elephant you might say it having 8" of front travel and 7" in the rear for a 29er. Also made in USA with that USA price tag.
    Lets start making Schwinns again in Chicago or better yet Detroit, I read on Yahoo News Detroit has 20% unemployment. Not good. Obama and Romney spewing their jobs rhetoric from their pie holes should start there.
    Last edited by fatcat; 06-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.