• 12-08-2012
    SummitSurfer
    Where can I buy a real one?
    Anybody know a repudable place I can buy a FSA K-Force 31.8 Carbon riser bar on line?
    Anyone bought a real one online? There are a lot of fakes on eBay and other online sellers. Yes i could do the LBS, but they are in winter operations selling skiis, so they will only special order, plus I dont want to pay taxes.
    Thanks
  • 12-08-2012
    pimpbot
    Really?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SummitSurfer View Post
    Anybody know a repudable place I can buy a FSA K-Force 31.8 Carbon riser bar on line?
    Anyone bought a real one online? There are a lot of fakes on eBay and other online sellers. Yes i could do the LBS, but they are in winter operations selling skiis, so they will only special order, plus I dont want to pay taxes.
    Thanks

I would be surprised if the usual online bike shops didn't have it.

If not...

shopping.google.com

Knock yourself out
  • 12-08-2012
    SummitSurfer
    Yeah found 4 fakes in Google shopping. Apparently this is the most fake produced bar on the market.
  • 12-08-2012
    bballboy388
    Looks like pricepoint and universalcycles both have them available.
  • 12-09-2012
    SummitSurfer
    Yep, full MSRP OR $5 over, plus $13 shipping. No doubt in my mind they are legit, but was hoping to find a deal on real! :)
  • 12-09-2012
    yetimeister514
    check bikebling.com and hucknroll.com for width and rise you're looking for.
  • 12-09-2012
    Walt Disney's Frozen Head
    not to be too parental but man you guys/girls HAVE to support your lbs. yeah, you'll save $7.13 in taxes and maybe $10 off the price but is that worth helping to push the lbs out of bidniz? For all of the freebies I get I'll gladly do my best to keep them around.

To be fair, I haven't exactly received a "great" vibe from the shops in Breck I've been to but they likely deal with more idiots then your avg shop and just assume the worst (contrast that with the crew at OTE in Fruita - I don't know how they do it). Go talk to Ciro at Pedal Power in Avon. He'll hook you up right.
  • 12-09-2012
    shiggy
    Quote:

Yep, full MSRP OR $5 over, plus $13 shipping. No doubt in my mind they are legit, but was hoping to find a deal on real! :)

Special order with tax at the LBS is sounding better.
  • 12-09-2012
    drz400sm
    I agree with the other posts. Support the local shop. You'll know that it's 100% genuine since they are ordering either direct or from an authorized distributor. You'd be surprised, a lot will price match or at least try. You just gotta ask.
  • 12-09-2012
    CS2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Special order with tax at the LBS is sounding better.

Got to agree with that. Wait until the big guy institutes an internet tax. You can count that it's coming.
  • 12-09-2012
    HOLLYWOOD33
    Quote:

Thanks

This???

FSA SL-K SLK Mtb Carbon Pro Handlebars Bars 685mm
  • 12-10-2012
    92gli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt Disney's Frozen Head View Post
    but man you guys/girls HAVE to support your lbs.

No we don't.

Ask biker bob. You'll get a great deal and be supporting a LBS. Not your LBS but an LBS nonetheless.
  • 12-10-2012
    92gli
    Quote:

Yep, full MSRP OR $5 over, plus $13 shipping.

universal ships any single item for $5.
  • 12-10-2012
    TwoTone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt Disney's Frozen Head View Post
    not to be too parental but man you guys/girls HAVE to support your lbs. yeah, you'll save $7.13 in taxes and maybe $10 off the price but is that worth helping to push the lbs out of bidniz? For all of the freebies I get I'll gladly do my best to keep them around.

To be fair, I haven't exactly received a "great" vibe from the shops in Breck I've been to but they likely deal with more idiots then your avg shop and just assume the worst (contrast that with the crew at OTE in Fruita - I don't know how they do it). Go talk to Ciro at Pedal Power in Avon. He'll hook you up right.

I agree. I'm surprised more people flat out don't bother trying the honest approach.
    I went to my local LBS and basically said, how do you feel about me coming to you with an internet price and seeing how close you can come.

He said he would always like me to give him a chance first. So far I got an steal on my TBc and the parts I've order have been cheaper or only a few dollars more than online.

Win Win for both. I help him make sales, he's there when I need something, like service.
  • 12-10-2012
    JDM
    Universal also does 15% off for orders over $300. If it is small stuff then I usally group up an order with a few friends to hit $300.
  • 12-10-2012
    likeaboss
    LBS wasn't interested in even coming close. Got mine at Pricepoint for $129.